Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the HS article, to me he says the thought of been back in Adelaide at some point is a possibility. This could be Grundy talking about moving back to Adelaide once his career is over. He is only 25, he may look to move home at 30/31 years of age for his post playing career.

Reading the HS article, to me he says the thought of been back in Adelaide at some point is a possibility. This could be Grundy talking about moving back to Adelaide once his career is over. He is only 25, he may look to move home at 30/31 years of age for his post playing career.

I thought same. He could be talking about after he Retires he might move back to SA.

When looking at his Answer he really said nothing

Give him what he wants.

He is the biggest reason why we are 2nd on the ladder

Certainly want to keep Brodes for the next 5 years at least, but we cant break the bank to do it. There is alot of talent at this footy club, and we need to keep the majority of it together. This is the reality of the competition, great players may still leave their clubs. I would however keep Grundy to his 2020 contract, and work on him staying long term.

I've been fortunate enough to have seen live . . . .

John Nicholls
Polly Farmer
Len Thompson
Gary Dempsey
Peter Moore

All outstanding ruckmen and Grundy shares their ultimate trait.

Every one of them forced the opposition to play defensive rover tactics.

If you put the opposition on ballers on the defensive you have won the first round, our issue at present is capitalizing on this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been fortunate enough to have seen live . . . .

John Nicholls
Polly Farmer
Len Thompson
Gary Dempsey
Peter Moore

All outstanding ruckmen and Grundy shares their ultimate trait.

Every one of them forced the opposition to play defensive rover tactics.

If you put the opposition on ballers on the defensive you have won the first round, our issue at present is capitalizing on this.
Just on Peter Moore, did he dominate the ruck? I'm a bit young to have a decent memory of him, but I've always been under the impression he was a great follower, but not necessarily a great ruck. I have a similar impression with Dempsey - great mark, was he a great ruck?

Remember Adam H used to say Longer was better hahahahha

The other week Longer did play a game against us that was probably more dominant than Grundy has ever produced.

Admittedly it was in the VFL against an Irishman in his 3rd game of footy at any level.

Where the good Grundy lady goes, the Player Grundy will go.

In retirement!

:)

Just on Peter Moore, did he dominate the ruck? I'm a bit young to have a decent memory of him, but I've always been under the impression he was a great follower, but not necessarily a great ruck. I have a similar impression with Dempsey - great mark, was he a great ruck?

Moore was a dominant ruckman in an era when rucks could run in off 15 steps and launch over others who wanted to take body position. He and Mark Lee had the ability to clear the centre congestion with giant knocks forward. He then followed up his work a little like Grundy or Fraser used to. IN full flight Moore was a fantastic athlete and he complemented his ruckwork with towering marks up forward and kicking goals.

Dempsey was a slower ruckman but he absolutely knocked up taking marks in the backline. I'd rank him alongside McEvoy from Hawthorn. Both tough, smart if slow, lumbering ruckmen. Consistent without being brilliant.

You must put it in perspective of the competition as it was then sr, Peter was more of a body player in the ruck - even in those days there was plenty of heavy stuff still going on in the ruck - and many contests were literally halved because of the physical clash. Even in Moore's day the emphasis was on physical domination in the ruck.
Dempsey was a different type, not as athletic as Moore but got around the ground just about as well and again in his day it was all about the raw physical contest and the hitouts were secondary.
That being said they dominated physically and opened the game up - which was their role in those days.

Thomo was best in the stripes I have seen before Grundy, Nicholls was another talented bruiser, Polly was very very good and renowned for his handballing skills - quite rightly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back