Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then IF he such a Ordinary Ruckman then. Why was he the AA Ruckman for and People saying he is the Best Ruck in the Comp at the Moment?
I could only guess at that.

Perhaps only a small percentage of Collingwood supporters (many who post on bf) really know what footy is about. These enlightened folk know ruckman are irrelevant to the outcome of a game. The other possible explanation is that the rest of the footy world is trying to trick us: Grundy is being offered big money by other clubs simply to suck us into an over inflated contract.

Just to be clear TD, I am being sarcastic, hence the winks. I am with your viewpoint on this. I am surprised at how many posters have downplayed the role of a ruckman in winning games and even the gf. Maybe a champion ruckman won't guarantee a win but a poor one pretty much guarantees a loss IM(ignorant)O.

Perhaps only a small percentage of Collingwood supporters (many who post on bf) really know what footy is about. These enlightened folk know ruckman are irrelevant to the outcome of a game. The other possible explanation is that the rest of the footy world is trying to trick us: Grundy is being offered big money by other clubs simply to suck us into an over inflated contract.

Just to be clear TD, I am being sarcastic, hence the winks. I am with your viewpoint on this. I am surprised at how many posters have downplayed the role of a ruckman in winning games and even the gf. Maybe a champion ruckman won't guarantee a win but a poor one pretty much guarantees a loss IM(ignorant)O.

You'd think of all supporter groups Pies fans should be screaming out to lock up Grundy long term after having plenty of decent oppo ruckmen smash us in big games (2002 - 2009 as an example)

I just scratch my head at the ones who don't rate him:think:

I, for one, am happy if we have in fact signed him. Ned wouldn’t be stupid enough to sign him for seven if bits a fair deal for us going forward.

Grundy is currently our best and most consistent player. Not only that, but’s he’s one of our most resilient and he’s only 25.

Now we just need to get DeGoaley, Moore (especially before we turn him into a premier KPF and his value goes up exponentially) and Stevo on similarly long contracts at slightly underscore.

Imagine how much these boys will be commanding when they become premierships heroes in 2020.

Put it all to bed, Ned. Sign this fantastic nucleus and ensure our window is well and truly open for the next 4-6 years.

I just scratch my head at the ones who don't rate him:think:

Nobody doesn’t rate him. That is just a stupid comment. The argument is how much he should be paid, not whether he is any good. Some think he should be paid $1m+ per annum. Others think that is too much for a ruckman, even the best in the comp at the moment.

Steele took unders? I highly doubt it considering our cap is apparently absurdly tight.

Crisp is a gun in my eyes, but never going to command massive money, his reward was length of contract.

Treloar is on big money (overs) and Adams would be on serious coin too (deserved).

I don't know where you think all this sacrifice is, lol.
it was reported multiple Pies players adjusted their contracts to fit Beams in

Okay Mate. I got ya.

It was reported that Steele signed for 5 years @$550k at the time he renewed his contract. Bear in mind this was before his AA 2018 year, so his value wasn’t at its peak, but he did knock back significantly higher offers from elsewhere (Essendon in particular) to stay at Collingwood in what most would consider a pretty modest salary given his consistency, leadership and durability even back then.
5 years @ 600k is plenty fine for Steele.

'Reported' - who?
Numerous senior Collingwood players have reportedly taken a pay cut to help fit Dayne Beams into the Magpies’ tight salary cap.

The Herald Sun has stated up to 12 Pies were approached to defer some of their 2019 salaries to later years in their contract, to help ensure the club can satisfy Beams’ four-year deal.

Saw Kim Beasley swimming one day at the Boy Charlton pool in Sydney

Staggering amount of body hair

Resembled a giant pre-historic otter as he slowly breaststroked

Think he may have been on his cabbage diet at the time

He needed any propulsion available

PS Look forward to watching Grundy for 8 more years - a durable (and manscaped) young champion

Who would you rather have as our next prime minister re.. the ottoman or Beasley re? I'd say Beasley re.. sais a lot about the ott re.. hahahaha

Who would you rather have as our next prime minister re.. the ottoman or Beasley re? I'd say Beasley re.. sais a lot about the ott re.. hahahaha

ottoman is much more than the shambolic buffoon he presents on BF

He lost 40kg in 2019 (hot zumba) and bought a hat (pubic hair glued to felt)

1574034120574.jpeg

Otto is ready for dance-offs and higher office

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ottoman is much more than the shambolic buffoon he presents on BF

He lost 40kg in 2019 (hot zumba) and bought a hat (pubic hair glued to felt)

View attachment 780683

Otto is ready for dance-offs and higher office

Would you spend big bucks to spend time with the Ott in a Turkish bath feeding him fruit and giving him massages.. oiling his mousi and that re.. for a premiership?

If they haven't already, I think player managers will put a stop to emotional reasons to take unders. What I assume we are doing with Grundy, will be the new black in terms of getting blokes to take unders. Long contracts where players give unders but get security as compensation.

I'm not sure there's too much emotion in it but it would definitely vary player to player. Reality is that guys usually only earn a premium when they jump ship and with the TPP system in place there are only so many players clubs can afford to pay a premium. Maybe we look at the discussion the wrong way around and instead of focusing on who accepts unders (which in reality is the benchmark) look at who is getting overs rather than allow that premium level to be the benchmark.

Bucks was on Whateley again this morning and spoke about Grundy. Says talks are ongoing. He confirmed the club has offered seven years but said there's been a bit of give from both parties. It sounds to me they're haggling over how the money will be spread out over each year. He said Grundy will be leaving a fair bit of his financial capacity to earn in the open market "on the table" by re-signing so to me that sounds like the report of $1m/year average might not be entirely accurate? I'd imagine that's what he's worth on the open market.

Bucks was on Whateley again this morning and spoke about Grundy. Says talks are ongoing. He confirmed the club has offered seven years but said there's been a bit of give from both parties. It sounds to me they're haggling over how the money will be spread out over each year. He said Grundy will be leaving a fair bit of his financial capacity to earn in the open market "on the table" by re-signing so to me that sounds like the report of $1m/year average might not be entirely accurate? I'd imagine that's what he's worth on the open market.

If his 2020 season is at least as good as his 2019 season, I'd imagine he'd attract offers north of $1m to move as a FA at the end of the season should he not re-sign. If I had to guess, I'd have thought he'd be signing for something up to or south of $6m over 7 years if he stays.

Problem for destination clubs (as I understand it) is that his entire sign on salary must be reflected in TPP for the duration of the contract. If he stays, we're not so encumbered and can renegotiate at any time (assuming everyone is willing).

If his 2020 season is at least as good as his 2019 season, I'd imagine he'd attract offers north of $1m to move as a FA at the end of the season should he not re-sign. If I had to guess, I'd have thought he'd be signing for something up to or south of $6m over 7 years if he stays.

Problem for destination clubs (as I understand it) is that his entire sign on salary must be reflected in TPP for the duration of the contract. If he stays, we're not so encumbered and can renegotiate at any time (assuming everyone is willing).
6M over 7 years is a good deal for Club and player, me thinks. keen to get see his signature on his contract

I'd say they'd be still haggling about how much money. We've com up to 7 years, but are looking for a drop in yearly salary. At the end of the day with these negotiations, it's always about money. Grundy doesn't want 7 years due to job security, he wants it due to salary security.

He get that money after he Retires ;)

The consensus among observers seems to be that he is going to be earning less per year than what he could command from other clubs, but he wants to stay at Collingwood long-term so will compromise on money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back