Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You realise josh Fraser has a higher grand final goal scoring average higher than Johno brown

You know he was a state of origin ruckman
You're right
No one will ever know as much as you
Yeah, he was also a shithouse ruckman. Averaged over 15 hitouts per game twice in his entire career. He had 2-3 years of being an above average goal-kicking ruckman and then returned to the norm of being bloody average. There's a reason we won a flag as soon as we got him out of the team and replaced him with a genuinely good ruck

Yeah, he was also a shithouse ruckman. Averaged over 15 hitouts per game twice in his entire career. He had 2-3 years of being an above average goal-kicking ruckman and then returned to the norm of being bloody average. There's a reason we won a flag as soon as we got him out of the team and replaced him with a genuinely good ruck

he was completely cooked by 2010 - and most sadly for him, as a great servant of the club he never won a flag.

Are you ******* kidding me? Josh Fraser better than Grundy? LOL
Better finals record

Was never a stat padder

I've been calling Grundy out since 2018
Weak performance against Vardy and Lycett
Weaker against Finlayson
This year
Beaten by
McInerney
Phillips
Preuss
Nic Nat
O'Brien

And guess what I ain't looking any further as he's hardly got a scalp all year

I'll concede twice the player is a long bow

Certainly no worse

he was completely cooked by 2010 - and most sadly for him, as a great servant of the club he never won a flag.
Was never the same after '05 where he played a handful of games. Had one or two solid years but never hit the scoreboard like before and never put together back-to-back years of anything resembling good footy. Picking Fraser over Pavlich and Brown still eats at me like nothing else. Imagine Pav/Brown and Cloke...

Better finals record

Was never a stat padder

I've been calling Grundy out since 2018
Weak performance against Vardy and Lycett
Weaker against Finlayson
This year
Beaten by
McInerney
Phillips
Preuss
Nic Nat
O'Brien

And guess what I ain't looking any further as he's hardly got a scalp all year

I'll concede twice the player is a long bow

Certainly no worse
I'm already well aware of your refusal to try and understand any sort of context or extraneous variables that might have contributed to Grundy's down year (even still was comfortably a top 6 ruckman this year to anyone not blinded by bias), so I'm just going to stop bothering

Yeah and effective hitouts are

Quality of opposition

Less congestion means less opportunity

Yeah and there is a reason it's called a PCL which happened in the state of origin game

Was never the same after '05 where he played a handful of games. Had one or two solid years but never hit the scoreboard like before and never put together back-to-back years of anything resembling good footy. Picking Fraser over Pavlich and Brown still eats at me like nothing else. Imagine Pav/Brown and Cloke...

I'm already well aware of your refusal to try and understand any sort of context or extraneous variables that might have contributed to Grundy's down year (even still was comfortably a top 6 ruckman this year to anyone not blinded by bias), so I'm just going to stop bothering
The post said worst no 1 pick

As I said shows his knowledge

Here's a couple to prove it
Louder
Banik
Scully
Trengrove

So firstly read the post
Think then reply

If you think Grundy has taken it easy now that he has a big, long-term contract and thinks he didn't have to work as hard now, you're basically saying he has poor character which is pretty damning and fair to say pretty stupid. If this were the case it would surely show and his teammates wouldn't be impressed. Only effect I think the contract couldve had was putting pressure on him to earn it, and that pressure would've increased when his output decreased and people like us and the media start talking.
Fact is his ruck work want really much worse this year apart from games against Nic Nat, he just lost a bit around the ground and also I think our mids failed you capitalise on his ruck work as much this season.
I thinks it's pretty obvious he was not 100% most of this year, only thing wrong if that's true I think is that he wasn't rested at least once besides our byes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you think Grundy has taken it easy now that he has a big, long-term contract and thinks he didn't have to work as hard now, you're basically saying he has poor character which is pretty damning and fair to say pretty stupid. If this were the case it would surely show and his teammates wouldn't be impressed. Only effect I think the contract couldve had was putting pressure on him to earn it, and that pressure would've increased when his output decreased and people like us and the media start talking.
Fact is his ruck work want really much worse this year apart from games against Nic Nat, he just lost a bit around the ground and also I think our mids failed you capitalise on his ruck work as much this season.
I thinks it's pretty obvious he was not 100% most of this year, only thing wrong if that's true I think is that he wasn't rested at least once besides our byes.
Was a Mistake not at least giving him a Rest to try and get over at least this Injury

Was a Mistake not at least giving him a Rest to try and get over at least this Injury
What is the injury? Bucks said after the Eagles game that he's fully fit and has been all season. Until we hear otherwise from Brodie or the club, assuming that he has been injured all season just seems like wishful thinking to me.

I remember him going off the field against the Tiges. I would love it if the reason his form has been down is because he had been restricted in some way since then, or that he just didn't respond well to being in the hub. And that we can look forward to seeing the Brodie of old in 2021. But I fear there might be something the club fitness staff need to actively change to allow him to get back to his best which is obviously a lot more difficult than him just getting over an injury.

What is the injury? Bucks said after the Eagles game that he's fully fit and has been all season. Until we hear otherwise from Brodie or the club, assuming that he has been injured all season just seems like wishful thinking to me.

I remember him going off the field against the Tiges. I would love it if the reason his form has been down is because he had been restricted in some way since then, or that he just didn't respond well to being in the hub. And that we can look forward to seeing the Brodie of old in 2021. But I fear there might be something the club fitness staff need to actively change to allow him to get back to his best which is obviously a lot more difficult than him just getting over an injury.

Take what Bucks has said with a Grain of Salt.

It's a Lower Body/Leg Injury

Brodie Grundy
The ruckman had a quieter season than usual but still played every game for the Pies in 2020. He collected a total of 263 disposals and averaged 31 hit outs. The 26-year-old is a two-time Copeland Trophy winner.

After the pathetic finals series Grundy played if he was injured Bucks would've fallen over himself to announce it after the Geelong game. Purely to support Grundy and take the heat off him.

Instead Bucks said Grundy didn't like living away from home.

This damning.

I'm already well aware of your refusal to try and understand any sort of context or extraneous variables that might have contributed
Thanks for the Lol TW Sherrin you smart arse wank

After the pathetic finals series Grundy played if he was injured Bucks would've fallen over himself to announce it after the Geelong game. Purely to support Grundy and take the heat off him.

Instead Bucks said Grundy didn't like living away from home.

This damning.
What's damming is your complete lack of any clue

If by year after year you mean two years, then yes. But in 2018, when our coaching had its head on straight, we were a top 4 clearance team. Bet Grundy doesn't get credit for that though does he
He got owned in the Grand Final. I was there. I sat on the wing. In the members. I watched it. Those spuds; Vardy and Lycette had the games of their lives.

He got owned in the Grand Final. I was there. I sat on the wing. In the members. I watched it. Those spuds; Vardy and Lycette had the games of their lives.
I was there too and I agree. Then last year he was beaten by Mumford in the prelim, a game where he amassed countless hit outs to the opposition.
He cracks under pressure. 2020 has been all about a different kind of pressure and he went to water.

Well known the pre contract spike

Nothing to do with character
Human nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back