Player Watch Brodie Grundy

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 30, 2006
Cessnock
AFL Club
Geelong
You don't have your All-Australian and Back to Back Copeland Trophy Winner sitting on the bench for about 40% of the Game IF Not Injured
Exactly, but why let him get to that stage, give him two to three weeks off before finals, Cameron showed potential, why run Grundy into the ground, you want him firing for finals

BIGNEDKELLY

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
And, at 3 quarter time, we were 26 points down and had kicked a grand total of 3 goals... despite all that dominance.
Nah, ruckmen are largely over-rated. Our last decent one was Monkhurst and the greatest in my lifetime was (IMO) Simon Madden.. a dual premiership ruckman who kicked nearly SIX HUNDRED GOALS. Let that one sink in.
When your ruckman has more (20) contested possessions than Pendles, Sidey and Adams combined (19) and we lose the team contested possessions by plenty I think we can start to see where we are going wrong.

When your ruckman has more clearances (10) than Pendles, Sidey and Adams combined (9 combined) and we lose the clearances by a mile I think we can see where the issues were.

When our best and fastest outside mid Treloar is getting 15 handballs and double the contested possesions (12) of our best inside mid Adams (6) who managed to not handball the ball once all ******* game you see where the problem is.

Andrew Yoa

Debutant
Sep 29, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Reputations are made in finals

Fraser much better record
A ruckman not a follower

Go watch some you tube
Dude, you honestly think Josh Fraser was a better footballer the Grundy? haha.. Please dude, your making yourself look stupid..
Once we recruited a half decent ruckman in Jolly, Fraser couldn't get a game. Fraser wasn't even an emergency in either grand final games..

jackcass

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Dude, you honestly think Josh Fraser was a better footballer the Grundy? haha.. Please dude, your making yourself look stupid..
Once we recruited a half decent ruckman in Jolly, Fraser couldn't get a game. Fraser wasn't even an emergency in either grand final games..
I think you are misinterpreting what he's saying. Fraser was a naturally gifted footballer, Grundy more an athlete who has taken to footy. That Fraser was a better "footballer" doesn't necessarily make him a better player in a head to head comparison but that's for each person to decide. Grundy is still only 1/2 way through his career.

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Whatever
PCL you forgot that

Try watching some tapes
Grundy has zero understanding of the game

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Tad harsh. Do agree his tap work needs work and the chemistry between him and the mids.
Only played two years of juniors

Nowhere near as harsh as what we got sucked into
Can't mark
Can't play forward
Doesn't kick goals
Outbodied by forwards at stoppages
Can't find a teammate All he wants to rove his own taps

Highest paid player

Nor harsh at all

Think he could coach

The Royal Sampler

Floreat Pica, b*tch!
Nov 26, 2006
Hooray For Science, Woo!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
VFL Magpies
Whatever
PCL you forgot that

Try watching some tapes
Grundy has zero understanding of the game
Instead of always saying “go watch more football”, maybe you could point to a particular passage of play in a particular game. It certainly would display more insight and make you seem like less of a ********.

Robroy22

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
Jindabyne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Has anything come out yet about Brodie being injured.

Unless its been a well publicised injury (ACL, Shoulder reco) you don't tend to hear about how many players have post season surgeries. From experience I can tell you that roughly 30% of our list will have been booked in for post season clean ups and the like.

OniAu

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

Can't mark
Can't play forward
Doesn't kick goals

Highest paid player

Nor harsh at all

Think he could coach
Max Gawn has been considered battling with Grundy as best ruck the past three years yeah ??? Stats rack up pretty well against

I think the glaring weaknesses or improvements that can be made in Grundys game , youve listed.

Contested marking. Defensively as well as Offensively.

Plus his tap work to the mids , pies should be seeking a genuine Ruck coach and utilising him at the heights of his powers.

Lets not get over excited and say he isnt that special , as he is nearly a once in a generation ruck.

1603267005445.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gouki88

Club Legend
Aug 3, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
Max Gawn has been considered battling with Grundy as best ruck the past three years yeah ??? Stats rack up pretty well against

I think the glaring weaknesses or improvements that can be made in Grundys game , youve listed.

Contested marking. Defensively as well as Offensively.

Plus his tap work to the mids , pies should be seeking a genuine Ruck coach and utilising him at the heights of his powers.

Lets not get over excited and say he isnt that special , as he is nearly a once in a generation ruck.

View attachment 991150
Literally no point discussing it with him, he rates a whole bunch of potato ruckmen ahead of Grundy.

OniAu

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Literally no point discussing it with him, he rates a whole bunch of potato ruckmen ahead of Grundy.
Oh good to know. Wont waste my time then. Lets go back to the glory days of Chris Bryan, David Fanning and Guy Richards

gouki88

Club Legend
Aug 3, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
Oh good to know. Wont waste my time then. Lets go back to the glory days of Chris Bryan, David Fanning and Guy Richards
Those names are not ones I look back on with much fondness. Bloody hell Darren Jolly was a godsend

Andrew Yoa

Debutant
Sep 29, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Can't mark
Can't play forward
Doesn't kick goals

Highest paid player

Nor harsh at all

Think he could coach
Seriously dude, you're making yourself look stupid. You are probably the only human on this planet that thinks Grundy is rubbish. I don't know if Grundy Shagged your Mrs, but your vendetta against him is personal.
Maybe not this year, but he is arguably the best ruckman in the league.
2 x All Australians
2 x Copeland Trophys
Herald Sun player of the year 2018
Take your head out of Josh Frasers ass and see the light my friend..

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Exactly, but why let him get to that stage, give him two to three weeks off before finals, Cameron showed potential, why run Grundy into the ground, you want him firing for finals
If he did have an injury (I think he did), you can't criticise not resting him without knowing what that injury was and if resting him would have made a difference.

TradeDraft

Premium Platinum
Oct 18, 2009
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Collingwood
Seriously dude, you're making yourself look stupid. You are probably the only human on this planet that thinks Grundy is rubbish. I don't know if Grundy Shagged your Mrs, but your vendetta against him is personal.
Maybe not this year, but he is arguably the best ruckman in the league.
2 x All Australians
2 x Copeland Trophys
Herald Sun player of the year 2018
Take your head out of Josh Frasers ass and see the light my friend..
Maybe it's Josh Fraser ;)

ClaytonM

Premiership Player
Jan 20, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
So is it time to start discussing how badly the Grundy deal has been for our salary cap and list.

Yes others no doubt add to the problem but this is the big one.

Not sure who is more to blame, the club for being stupid, or Grundy for being self-centred.

Albert Parker

All Australian
Aug 17, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone hearing that Grundy is now more oriented toward returning to South Australia? Someone suggested it to me today.
Would seem a little odd given he's about to commence his 7 year deal.

But the release of Broomhead, Treloar, Phillips and Shaz this season would all make him less warm towards remaining at the club I'd expect.
How close would he have been to Pebbles, who was also let go?
Did Grundy have the freedom to do his own clearance work this season?

Hope we're not about to witness the start of the subsequent fallout from trade period.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Margot Robbie's Shaving Team...
it was me who told you about Brodie. I read it in my tea leaves this morning. It's very concerning...

Remove this Banner Ad