Player Watch Brodie Grundy

Remove this Banner Ad

TheGreatGrundy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone hearing that Grundy is now more oriented toward returning to South Australia? Someone suggested it to me today.
Would seem a little odd given he's about to commence his 7 year deal.

But the release of Broomhead, Treloar, Phillips and Shaz this season would all make him less warm towards remaining at the club I'd expect.
How close would he have been to Pebbles, who was also let go?
Did Grundy have the freedom to do his own clearance work this season?

Hope we're not about to witness the start of the subsequent fallout from trade period.
Has Pebbles been let go?! Finally! I doubt they would have had much in common at all.

How would anyone other than those close to him have any idea if he wished he could return to SA? It was even suggested that Grundy wanted Treloar gone, so I doubt that player leaving is going to influence his thoughts on staying here. I am also sure he would have been under no illusion about Broomhead not remaining at the club. For $1 million a year, I don't think Brodie is going to be at all concerned. The supporters on the other hand will be hoping for a significant lift in performance from his 2020 form.

manicpie

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone hearing that Grundy is now more oriented toward returning to South Australia? Someone suggested it to me today.

But the release of Broomhead, Treloar, Phillips and Shaz this season would all make him less warm towards remaining at the club I'd expect.

Hope we're not about to witness the start of the subsequent fallout from trade period.
How about he pulls his finger out his ass and stop crying over departures or Broomhead, the guy is on one of the biggest contracts in the AFL

TradeDraft

Premium Platinum
Oct 18, 2009
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Collingwood

Just sounds like the Usual People Sooking about his Contract being too much and Want to find anyway we can Get Rid of His Contract

TW Sherrin

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
?
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
49ers

you're joking right? Grundy's contract is a major reason his 'mates' aren't here anymore. kinda ridiculous for him then to crack the sads (again) if they get pushed out by his contract.

Axl the great

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
If he did have an injury (I think he did), you can't criticise not resting him without knowing what that injury was and if resting him would have made a difference.
Very true, it could have been an injury that he was able to play with but might have taken 6 or more weeks to get right.
At a guess I would think a groin or hip injury, he looked slow and did not run on top of the ground all year, there was definitely something wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
On his 2020 form he’d be lucky to get 3 years @ 500k but instead we’ve got him for the next 7 for $7 million...

Is any ruckman worth that sort of money?
This is the stupidest argument. How many times have idiots said we can’t win a flag because of Grundy’s contract. Yet the Eagles won in 2018 with Nic Nat on a million a year

eddiesmith

TheBrownDog
Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
This is the stupidest argument. How many times have idiots said we can’t win a flag because of Grundy’s contract. Yet the Eagles won in 2018 with Nic Nat on a million a year
Yeah notice how the Eagles won the premiership without Nic Nat as well and Collingwood had their $7 million hack playing...

West Coast also had 2 very good key forwards, tell us how we’ll recruit any key forwards with that much tied up in a player who won’t win us a flag.

gouki88

Club Legend
Aug 3, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
Yeah notice how the Eagles won the premiership without Nic Nat as well and Collingwood had their $7 million hack playing...

West Coast also had 2 very good key forwards, tell us how we’ll recruit any key forwards with that much tied up in a player who won’t win us a flag.
God you're f*n ridiculous

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood

Same way west coast did draft talls or trade something of value for them

left at home

Premium Gold
Mar 17, 2015
qld
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
miami dolphins

Grundy a hack, well that’s a new low, even for you.
I believe at the time he was not on that money then, and it only started this year.
Of all the players to pick on, it should not be Grundy.

Remove this Banner Ad