Player Watch Brodie Grundy

Remove this Banner Ad

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
On his 2020 form he’d be lucky to get 3 years @ 500k but instead we’ve got him for the next 7 for $7 million...

Is any ruckman worth that sort of money?
From my perspective, Grundy, Nicnat and Gawn have a much bigger influence on games of footy than any key forward in the league, so yes if the best key forwards are considered worth close to that sort of money - the best ruckmen are worth more.

No SPIN

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah notice how the Eagles won the premiership without Nic Nat as well and Collingwood had their $7 million hack playing...

West Coast also had 2 very good key forwards, tell us how we’ll recruit any key forwards with that much tied up in a player who won’t win us a flag.
how many times do you want to bring up the same BS about Grundy.

I’ll take Mathews view in 2019, that Grundy was the most important player in the game which was when he signed the deal.

eddiesmith

TheBrownDog
Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
how many times do you want to bring up the same BS about Grundy.

I’ll take Mathews view in 2019, that Grundy was the most important player in the game which was when he signed the deal.
Now he hasn’t even started his contract and he was one of the worst in the league in 2020.

But that’s alright cos the SuperCoach stat lovers generation can get excited because he got 50 hitouts v some second rate ruckman and forget Collingwood lost the game as his 50 hitouts went to the opposition

eddiesmith

TheBrownDog
Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
From my perspective, Grundy, Nicnat and Gawn have a much bigger influence on games of footy than any key forward in the league, so yes if the best key forwards are considered worth close to that sort of money - the best ruckmen are worth more.
The same Max Gawn who Melbourne rested v Collingwood and their second stringers smashed Grundy?

Funny how the ruck men in the last few premiership teams don’t get a mention. Yeah clearly ruckman have had far greater influences than their key forwards...

eddiesmith

TheBrownDog
Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Wow, did Grundy sh*t on your doorstep or something? He was down last year but 2019 was phenomenal
Funny that, contract up for renewal plays above himself, set up for the next 8 years, plays completely sh*t...

Fact is we’ve blown our cap securing a player who won’t win the club a premiership and condemned our next coach to 6 years of failure.

Pistol Night

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Funny that, contract up for renewal plays above himself, set up for the next 8 years, plays completely sh*t...

Fact is we’ve blown our cap securing a player who won’t win the club a premiership and condemned our next coach to 6 years of failure.
Yeah just delist him and cop the hit I reckon. 🤦🏼‍♂️

jackcass

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Now he hasn’t even started his contract and he was one of the worst in the league in 2020.

But that’s alright cos the SuperCoach stat lovers generation can get excited because he got 50 hitouts v some second rate ruckman and forget Collingwood lost the game as his 50 hitouts went to the opposition
LOL, worst in the league.... you’re a funny guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pablo disco bar

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I love Grundy the bloke talking jazz clearly a trouble maker/troll

However would we of been just as good over the years with a cheaper Jarrod Witts ?

Black_White

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Collingwood
On that, (oxymoronic) note it’s time to give it a rest please.
Why?
You a poster or a mod with that statement?
I don’t have to agree with him, but I don’t want him censored just because you don’t agree with him.

Maybe you need to put the mod hat on and have words with the bullying circle that is emerging.

Remove this Banner Ad