Player Watch Brodie Grundy

Remove this Banner Ad

chop_me

Club Legend
May 8, 2007
Hong Kong
AFL Club
Collingwood
Grundy will never be able to tap like Nic Nat and it's ridiculous to think that he will or could. Not a single player in the league can get close to that level of athleticism.

We may as well be criticising Pendles for not playing like Dusty or Dangerfield.
Maybe not consistently tap like Nic Nat. But surely, on the occasions when Grundy has already outbodied his opponent and can tap the ball uncontested (e.g. regularly during the game vs brisbane last week), there must be an expectation that his tap must benefit the team.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

jathanas

Aug 17, 2011
Warrandyte
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man U
There seems to be a lot of new posters who are even more aggressive and negative
Duly noted and please report to us when you encounter one of these "new" posters.

The mod team are aware of the negative direction that the conversation has taken. We are committed to restoring some balance.

A reminder of the Collingwood board rules we have all agreed to below. Being critical of the club is fine, I have often criticised selection, game plan etc... Having a BF account with Collingwood as your nominated club but only posting to take pot-shots, I'm not sure what the overall value added to the board is.

Gone Critical Maggie5 Anzacday

1617670314552.png

jonmacTrag

Club Legend
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Duly noted and please report to us when you encounter one of these "new" posters.

The mod team are aware of the negative direction that the conversation has taken. We are committed to restoring some balance.

A reminder of the Collingwood board rules we have all agreed to below. Being critical of the club is fine, I have often criticised selection, game plan etc... Having a BF account with Collingwood as your nominated club but only posting to take pot-shots, I'm not sure what the overall value added to the board is.

Gone Critical Maggie5 Anzacday

View attachment 1095120
Jathanas not a criticism but an observation.

I've been around this site since before our last flag, first as an observer before I got registered.

There remains some that constantly skirt the bleeding edge of acceptable behavior and yet have continued to escape censure, yet when posters respond to their garbage the responding posters are censured.

I would hope that this new policy direction will take a look at long term behavior because a drop of water on your nose is nothing but the Chinese know a thing or two about using that don't they. Adding to this posters see these almost trolls getting away with blue murder and it just encourages more to try it.

jathanas

Aug 17, 2011
Warrandyte
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man U

I've been around this site since before our last flag, first as an observer before I got registered.

There remains some that constantly skirt the bleeding edge of acceptable behavior and yet have continued to escape censure, yet when posters respond to their garbage the responding posters are censured.

We're not perfect. Help us know when this has happened and perhaps we will be able to explain our decision or rectify our error.

It can't be left to a team of 4 to lift the tone, it has to be supported by the community.

magpie_marty

Premium Platinum
Apr 30, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood

I would hope that this new policy direction will take a look at long term behavior because a drop of water on your nose is nothing but the Chinese know a thing or two about using that don't they. Adding to this posters see these almost trolls getting away with blue murder and it just encourages more to try it.
Welcome to Big Footy so glad you signed up :thumbsu:

jonmacTrag

Club Legend
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
We're not perfect. Help us know when this has happened and perhaps we will be able to explain our decision or rectify our error.

It can't be left to a team of 4 to lift the tone, it has to be supported by the community.
Agreed but the lead must be there, too many new would be trolls are joining and the site is suffering. I'm happy to contribute by my time is limited.

jonmacTrag

Club Legend
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Why didn't Grundy enhance our premiership chances by taking unders on his last contract like they do at Richmond, instead of squeezing everything he could out of the club? Secondly why did the club let him?
Grundy gets the angst but the true villain of the piece is Beams.

That had disaster written all over it but only a few voices in the wilderness spoke out against it.

AmericanMustard

All Australian
Aug 24, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Why didn't Grundy enhance our premiership chances by taking unders on his last contract like they do at Richmond, instead of squeezing everything he could out of the club? Secondly why did the club let him?
Grundy has every right to ask for whatever he wants. It’s the boneheaded administration that decided to give it to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Grundy isnt getting paid overs. Not in $ terms anyway. Arguably his contract is a year or two too long but annually hes not overpaid.
I don't think we know what he's on. I'm pretty confident that in going up to 7 years, we would have come down in amount per year. Press didn't change the amount per year that they were talking, but it seems unlikely that it wouldn't have changed.

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
An ironic question?
What if we drafted a young ruckman in the next year or 2 that turns into a superstar?
Would Grundy play reserves?
I really don't think we need to worry about that or consider it a problem. Injuries or becoming less mobile and thus less effective are the things to be concerned about with the 7 year contract. If we draft a superstar young ruckman and Grundy hasn't declined - we'll be in an enviable position.

magpie_marty

Premium Platinum
Apr 30, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I really don't think we need to worry about that or consider it a problem. Injuries or becoming less mobile and thus less effective are the things to be concerned about with the 7 year contract. If we draft a superstar young ruckman and Grundy hasn't declined - we'll be in an enviable position.
Good call sr36
I was also thinking will the club look at drafting young ruckman as well.

mike123

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
That’s what we thought when we had Witts and Grundy but I’m the end that amounted to nothing.

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
It might be that the Grundawg is rucking well.. but the synergy around him has never been right.. 4 blokes in the guts.. each standing next to their opponent.. when they should be on the front foot.. getting on the end of the Dawg's hitouts. The more they do this.. the more they get to know each other's games.. the easier it gets.

Carringbush2010

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Are we not using Brody's dominance to advantage? That's an obvious, so why are we paying so much? It's clear to me that hit outs are a not much to our coach but hit outs to advantage are a clear importance.

So how about we take advantage and actually make use of our hit out advantage, we'd seriously clean up on clearance if we could, something clearly wrong here.

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
Are we not using Brody's dominance to advantage? That's an obvious, so why are we paying so much? It's clear to me that hit outs are a not much to our coach but hit outs to advantage are a clear importance.

So how about we take advantage and actually make use of our hit out advantage, we'd seriously clean up on clearance if we could, something clearly wrong here.
I'm glad you asked.

Is it that he's got no talent? I doubt it. Is it a lack of chemistry in the group.. I'd say yeah maybe and that re.. is it micromanagement of players in the guts.. yeah maybe.

It should just all evolve naturally in the guts. Less preaching from the big man upstairs. My ol' man was a big time psalti in church.. for decades.. one of Melbourne's best. Only preached religion to me for 1 min. And look at how turned out. A fu**en great re.

Remove this Banner Ad