Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mostfamousclub_Pies

Club Legend
Sep 23, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don't tell me Grundy isn't injured or going through personal issues.

I just got back from the game and they were resting him constantly to keep up with a guy who came out of f'ing retirement 2 years ago.
i’ll tell you he’s playing like s**t cos he’s massively out of form. Blind Freddy can see that but apparently you can’t.

Aug 17, 2009
In the Country,VIC
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Phila 76ers , Phila Eagles , Man U
Don't tell me Grundy isn't injured or going through personal issues.

I just got back from the game and they were resting him constantly to keep up with a guy who came out of f'ing retirement 2 years ago.

Doesn’t like the bubble life.... Oh never mind that was last years excuse.

Linda_Lovelace

Cancelled
Jul 28, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
When Grundy arrived at the club he was an angry young man who was also very strong. I think he was benching 140kg which for his age and size is a very high rating re natural strength.

Club has turned him into hippy who thinks flags aint everything whilst pocketing a million a year for the next 7 years. He is turning into Geoff Hayward from the movie/play the club. In the first half it was like he was watching the prince of seagulls.

Aug 17, 2009
In the Country,VIC
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Phila 76ers , Phila Eagles , Man U
When Grundy arrived at the club he was an angry young man who was also very strong. I think he was benching 140kg which for his age and size is a very high rating re natural strength.

Club has turned him into hippy who thinks flags aint everything whilst pocketing a million a year for the next 7 years. He is turning into Geoff Hayward from the movie/play the club. In the first half it was like he was watching the prince of seagulls.

Couldn’t believe it when he said that about flags. Where’s his drive. Sounds like he got his money and that’s enough for him.

Linda_Lovelace

Cancelled
Jul 28, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Couldn’t believe it when he said that about flags. Where’s his drive. Sounds like he got his money and that’s enough for him.

I suspect the club environment has put him on that path. Joint lost its focus. No way would this s**t have been tolerated by MM. I had a love hate with MM but you can't deny where his focus was, winning games and winning flags.

golazo

Premium Gold
Oct 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Manchester United
I think best case scenario now is he has a horror year and decides to go to Adelaide.

Really like him but the club really screwed up throwing that kind of money around.

Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I can’t believe how far this bloke has fallen. I have previously written that he’s the best player in the completion.

However, he’s fallen so far. He can’t bend down to pick the ball up and he can’t take marks anymore.

He has been on a downwards spiral ever since that knock in round 2 against Richmond last year.

I can’t believe he doesn’t punch the football when in a ruck contest. Did he forget the 2018 prelim?

A significant decline. Gets paid a $1 million and plays like $300k player. Hickey has played better this year.

His tapwork and his connection with the other midfielders is s**t.

He has to go back to grabbing the ball out of the ruck, punching the ball in our direction Keating-style, or just nullifying the contest and then beating his opponent with his superior mobility.

One of the things that really frustrates me about Buckley is that he seems to try to shoehorn players into his system. Yes, players can be coached, and developed to do more of what you want from them... but ultimately you need to put your talent in a position to succeed.

We’re trying to tell Grundy to tap the ball, we’re playing Mayne on a wing instead of Daicos, we have Callum Brown leading for the ball 45m out, and giving Quaynor the job on Greene instead of Maynard. It’s old-school coaching and it’s not getting the most out of our players’ best attributes. So many of our players lack any hurt factor, and it’s because they’re system fits rather than weapons being deployed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back