Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't surprise me if he was in the AA squad behind Gawn.

Statistically beats his opponents every week in hit outs, disposals and tackles. I think only Gawn and Hampson have his measure this year one on one.

Statistically beats his opponents every week in hit outs, disposals and tackles. I think only Gawn and Hampson have his measure this year one on one.

I say Goldstein and Mumford be ahead of Him sadly in the AA Side

Agreed, I think Brodie is definitely in the conversation. If you look at him stat wise against most other ruckmen, he is comparable if not better. Then when you look at his performance on game day against the other ruckmen, he beats them 9 times out of 10.

You could even say he influences the games as much as a Nic Nat or Mumford, he has been kicking clutch goals for us and beating his opponent. Sneaky member of the 40 man squad I reckon.

I say Goldstein and Mumford be ahead of Him sadly in the AA Side

In what context? Are you saying that you believe the AA selectors will go that way or that you would?

He is the clear number 2 ruckman on output this year it isn't even a debatable discussion he is that far ahead of the next best. That being said I believe the selectors will take longer to adjust to that view.

If the club is to put forward players they feel are worthy in the discussion he's a legitmate shot and I believe that takes place given how the team is now chosen. Therefore I firmly believe he'll make the squad.

He should be in the conversation for the squad, my only issue is that unless someone belts down the door selectors are generally 1 year behind in that a player often needs 2 good years before they're considered.

Hes been the second best ruckman this season, has overtaken Goldstien well and truly since mid season. One more 20 disposal game and he has to make the AA squad.

In what context? Are you saying that you believe the AA selectors will go that way or that you would?

He is the clear number 2 ruckman on output this year it isn't even a debatable discussion he is that far ahead of the next best. That being said I believe the selectors will take longer to adjust to that view.

If the club is to put forward players they feel are worthy in the discussion he's a legitmate shot and I believe that takes place given how the team is now chosen. Therefore I firmly believe he'll make the squad.

More on Selectors as they can go with Reputation instead of Form.

I could see Grundy in the AA 40 Man Squad but Gawn would be the Ruck ahead of him in the Actual 22

Grundy is now better than Mumford imo. He is not better than Goldstein and Gawn. He is arguably better than NicNat depending on how you rate hit outs. And note that Natinui crushed Grundy last time they went head to head (although this debate is academic for at least a season now).

Gawn is hectares in front of every other ruck in the comp atm.

Just putting this out there but if we were to get a pick 4-6 for Grundy would we be silly not to take it.
Considering we still would have Witts and Cox anyway. Grundy has done OK this year but Witt's has also had injuries. Which one will be the better option going forward is still to be played out I feel. An early pick would completely open up our options. Unless it's a Freeman like selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just putting this out there but if we were to get a pick 4-6 for Grundy would we be silly not to take it.
Considering we still would have Witts and Cox anyway. Grundy has done OK this year but Witt's has also had injuries. Which one will be the better option going forward is still to be played out I feel. An early pick would completely open up our options. Unless it's a Freeman like selection.
Yeh pendles would net pick 3 as well. Maybe even treloar for 2 +26. Lets just trade everyone

So we have the Best Young Ruck in the AFL and You just want to Trade Him.

You saying being the 2nd Best Ruck in the AFL in the 2nd Half Just Okay:rolleyes:

******* stupid if u didnt understand my sarcasm

We would be losers to even contemplate getting rid of him.

Given Grundy's form the second half of this year, will be entering his 5th year and has played 62 games what are the expectations in 2017?

Top 5 in Copeland?
Take his game to another level?
Kick more goals?
My main hope is that he improves in his contested marking.

He's right in the hitting zone to take a big step up and if he does he'll be a bloody good ruckman for a long time. At this point he's been as good or better than most playing his role at his age.

Given Grundy's form the second half of this year, will be entering his 5th year and has played 62 games what are the expectations in 2017?

Top 5 in Copeland?
Take his game to another level?
Kick more goals?

He will achieve all three. Grundy, Treloar and Moore are the holy trinity.

He's right in the hitting zone to take a big step up and if he does he'll be a bloody good ruckman for a long time. At this point he's been as good or better than most playing his role at his age.

IF He takes that Big Step this Season after the 2nd Half of last year he be 1 of the Top Rucks in the AFL

IF He takes that Big Step this Season after the 2nd Half of last year he be 1 of the Top Rucks in the AFL

He already is one of the top rucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back