Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always laugh when a player says they just want to play footy. As if contract talks are more distracting than having constant media speculation about their future. And actually signing a contract would allow them just to play footy.

But I guess there would be mass outrage if a player told the truth and said they hadn't signed because they just want more money.

Tom Browne just had a story on Talking Footy where he said Grundy has put off contract talks because "he just wants to play footy."

Obviously backing himself in to try and bulk up his next contract. Browne said he wasn't saying he thinks Grundy will leave, just that he isn't in a rush to sign.

That is a Very Worrying Sign. As that tells me his will listen to other Teams Offers

No but The Chance of Leaving is still there
The chance of leaving is always there, contract or not. I'm more annoyed that it might become a distraction. That and all of the flogs will come out of the woodwork with 'inside word' about Grundy supposedly leaving on the trades board to stir up s**t.

The chance of leaving is always there, contract or not. I'm more annoyed that it might become a distraction. That and all of the flogs will come out of the woodwork with 'inside word' about Grundy supposedly leaving on the trades board to stir up s**t.

Agree. Though it sounds like more word from Grundy's Manager then Grundy Himself. I could see his Manager saying now with Gawn down for 10+ Weeks that Grundy could be this Years All-Australian Ruckman which mean his Value be Super High and get a Huge Contract from us or Someone else.

Lot of People will use his Copeland Night Speech where he Cried and said he wants to be Closer to his Parents as a Reason he be Leaving to go home. Which is Probably False

Don't know why people think Adelaide wouldn't be a threat. They lost a pretty expensive player in Dangerfield. Basically haven't replaced it with anything as the Gibbs trade fell through. Players like Scott Thompson, betts and Sam Jacobs are only getting older (one of which is a direct replacement) I would think they have plenty of cash to tempt Grundy over. Not to mention we have ridiculous deals or Mayne to deal with.

On the plus side, Adelaide would have plenty of pieces I'm interested in so it would hardly be the end of the world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting turn of events. Maybe those that implored the club to reward younger players ahead of inflating a guy like Mayne's super fund were on to something.

I doubt he leaves, but seriously he should have been priority number one 6 months ago!

Interesting turn of events. Maybe those that implored the club to reward younger players ahead of inflating a guy like Mayne's super fund were on to something.

I doubt he leaves, but seriously he should have been priority number one 6 months ago!
Look on the bright side Sco. If Grundy leaves it will free up some cap space which will hopefully allow us to offer Mayne a bigger and longer contract.

I always laugh when a player says they just want to play footy. As if contract talks are more distracting than having constant media speculation about their future. And actually signing a contract would allow them just to play footy.

But I guess there would be mass outrage if a player told the truth and said they hadn't signed because they just want more money.
The other aspect is the role of manager.
Whilst managers want to stay on the good side of clubs (as it's good business practice) their main point will be their client.
So let's say Grundy is on 500 large, and Collingwood offer 600, manager says to client hang tight we'll get 700 or 750..., nothing complicated.

Managers get 5% of the playing contract (as a rule).

Last edited:

So you think there are other Players like Grundy at the Club that is Not Happy with the Mundy and Well's Contrasts?

That is a Very Worrying Sign. As that tells me his will listen to other Teams Offers
Dave, his manager just tells him, you play, I will do the negotiating....

He'll still be with us for years

So you think there are other Players like Grundy at the Club that is Not Happy with the Mundy and Well's Contrasts?

I doubt Grundy's unhappy with it.

For me it's purely the numbers that the ridiculous deal to Mayne limits us too. For instance that deal for Mayne may be the difference between offering Grundy $800k or $600k. If you prioritise his signature before acquiring others last year we wouldn't be in this position.

I'm not concerned because we'll make sure he stays, IMO, but it was just poor cap management from the club.

Grundy you sly dog. Wait till we have offloaded Witts so we have no backup and then bend us over a barrel.
Well played son, well played.

Biggest nightmare I could think of, Pies spend 10+ years trying to find a ruckman for us to find 2 great ones which can't play in the same team, then lose both in 2 years.

Disaster if it happens.

Blair is out of contract as well, we are going to need plenty of cap space to lock him in long term.
Not sure he's there next season, that frees up not much

Well I 1st Thought that it was his Manager talking and not Grundy.

As that something a Manager would say. Means 1 of 2 Things:

1 - They are Waiting to see how this Season Goes as with Gawn gone for 3 Months Grundy could become the AA Ruckman. Meaning his Value is Sky High

2 - There not happy with our Offer and there might be bigger offers from Other Clubs. They are waiting to see IF we up our Offer

This is why we should have fought to keep Witts, he is showing he is a very decent player up at the suns now. Also it just further points out how stupid it was to sign Mayne and Wells, if we don't have the money for Grundy the list manager has to be sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back