Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was what I overheard too, that and his height.

Still time to grow?

Amazing what you hear eavesdropping on others conversations as I would not have known he had a younger brother.

and Being Brody's Brother will help him seeing how Good Brody is now

DaVe86 Said yesterday and other Games that Grundy Taps where not the Best and had no Direction and where Picked Up by Tigers Players.

I have Noticed he can be Hot and Cold with his Taps. He does make some very good taps but at times there are No Direction in his Taps. I think he is Improving but Still work in Progress.

Guess Grundy can hide it a bit with his Follow Up Work

Maggie5

He is a Article about Riley Grundy

Brodie Grundy mentors little brother Riley as AFL clubs take note
The Advertiser – 20 April 2018

Reece Homfray

Collingwood ruckman Brodie Grundy is using pen and paper to tutor his younger brother Riley who is following his unconventional pathway towards the AFL as clubs track the raw and exciting teenager at Sturt.

Like Brodie, who walked into Sturt at 16 asking for an opportunity after playing basketball as a junior, Riley only took up footy at 15 but has developed from rangy ruckman to a key defender with explosive speed, a good leap and reach.

“When I was rucking Brodie used to give me lots of pointers on how to best position my body and that’s something I’ve taken through my game now,” Riley said.

“And whenever he comes round we go to the local park and have a kick and a few ruck contests.

“In particular now when I’ve been trying to learn this defensive craft he’s got the pen and paper out and draws up where I should be positioning myself and doing this and that, play in front, go up the ground.”

…Riley, 17, was already on the radar of AFL recruiters but Brodie’s outstanding start to the season with Collingwood has only added to the intrigue.

At 195cm and 80kg he is smaller than Brodie (202cm and 100kg) but last year tested 2.9sec for his 20m sprint, which is considered very good for a player of his size.

Guess he Reads BigFooty

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2018-05-01/pies-in-print-introducing-the-brother-of-brodie

Wow, 195cm and a 2.9sec 20m print, that's impressive. If he has the same attitude as his older brother then definitely worth a look. I'd imagine SA clubs would be keen to acquire him if any good.

DaVe86 Said yesterday and other Games that Grundy Taps where not the Best and had no Direction and where Picked Up by Tigers Players.

I have Noticed he can be Hot and Cold with his Taps. He does make some very good taps but at times there are No Direction in his Taps. I think he is Improving but Still work in Progress.

I think his ruck work has been good this year, apart from the occasional brain fade where he has hit it straight to opposition.

I was more critical last week for both Grundy and Cox's lack of imagination. They had full domination and control, yet kept palming it down right at their feet where Richmond players were reading it. They just need to work on a few new ideas.

Would he fall around our 3rd rounder?

Apparently the shin injury to Brodie is hereditary so I was thinking a 5th rounder mike123. ;)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thought Nankervis beat him easily after half time. which was disappointing.

I agree, he was beaten for the first time this year. I like his chances to respond vigourously next week.

Is he our most important player? Without a doubt, his work rate is a reason why we have been a different side.

He's been much better this year in terms of directing it. Was fantastic in the GWS game and has been good since. But the issue that a dominant ruckman has when playing against an obviously lesser bigman is a well-drilled opposition can focus entirely on roving to his ruckwork, which means that even if he directs it well it will often be cut off. It's why teams are often better off having an ordinary ruckman than a hot and cold ruckman. Just concede the tap and cover the midfielders with a view to intercepting or at least blanketing the tap.

In this scenario, I reckon the stronger ruckmen needs to move away from directing it at their feet to just smashing the ball forward to create forward momentum.

He's been much better this year in terms of directing it. Was fantastic in the GWS game and has been good since. But the issue that a dominant ruckman has when playing against an obviously lesser bigman is a well-drilled opposition can focus entirely on roving to his ruckwork, which means that even if he directs it well it will often be cut off. It's why teams are often better off having an ordinary ruckman than a hot and cold ruckman. Just concede the tap and cover the midfielders with a view to intercepting or at least blanketing the tap.

In this scenario, I reckon the stronger ruckmen needs to move away from directing it at their feet to just smashing the ball forward to create forward momentum.

I remember Freo and Saindlands had same Problem. Sandi get a Ton of Tap Outs but the Opposition Mids just Roved to him instead of there Own Ruckman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back