Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders

NeverWobble

Cancelled
Mar 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Question : who was the last ruckman to win the Brownlow? I reckon Brodie may well be the next.
I know Peter Moore won one, Len Thompson too I think. Footscray's John Schultz is a close family friend and won one also. Would love to see Brodie join that illustrious group.

NeverWobble

Cancelled
Mar 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Scott Wynd, Jim Steynes and Peter Moore were the last three to answer my own question. A long time ago. Hope Brodie breaks the current trend.

Scott Wynd, Jim Steynes and Peter Moore were the last three to answer my own question. A long time ago. Hope Brodie breaks the current trend.
Goodes 2003. McKernan also tied with Hird and Voss in 1996, but was ineligible.

Goodes 2003. McKernan also tied with Hird and Voss in 1996, but was ineligible.

Though Goodes was not really a Ruckman when he played there. He was just really good around the Ground

Though Goodes was not really a Ruckman when he played there. He was just really good around the Ground
Yeah, for the first two thirds of the season Goodes was more a second ruck to Ball.

537 (22 games) - Clarke (Ade)
453 (18 games) - Gardiner (WC)
445 (24 games) - Biglands (Ade)
397 (26 games) - Charman (BL)
396 (23 games) - Brogan (PA)
353 (19 games) - Sandilands (Fre)
348 (24 games) - Hille (Ess)
341 (13 games) - King (Gee)
332 (19 games) - Cox (WC)
330 (14 games) - Everitt (Haw)
326 (22 games) - Simmonds (Fre)
303 (19 games) - Stafford (Ric)
300 (23 games) - Fraser (Coll)
299 (24 games) - Goodes (Syd)
295 (21 games) - Darcy (WB)
277 (16 games) - White (Mel)
273 (19 games) - Porter (NM)
272 (19 games) - Lade (PA)
261 (17 games) - Ball (Syd)
260 (19 games) - Jolly (Mel)
245 (19 games) - French (Car)
240 (12 games) - Ottens (Ric)
224 (12 games) - Keating (BL)
170 16 games) - Alessio (Ess)
168 (8 games) - Street (Gee)
163 (19 games) - McKernan (Car)
153 (17 games) - Koschitzke (StK)
152 (9 games) - McDonald (BL)
136 (10 games) - Burton (NM)
130 (10 games) - Campbell (Haw)
130 (8 games) - Loates (Haw)
129 (13 games) - Chambers (Gee)
111 (9 games) - Primus (PA)
108 (13 games) - McKee (Coll)
107 (24 games) - A. Rocca (Coll)
103 (15 games) - Thompson (Haw)
102 (9 games) - Jamar (Mel)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's the best player in the AFL.
I think we saw the two best players out there today. Not the slickest, not the most skilled or most exciting, but the two blokes who physically impose themselves the most week in week out.

lenny20

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm not a guy with heaps of sources, but in my line of work I'm sometimes lucky enough to stumble across some good info. This is one such occasion:

Brodie Grundy has signed with the Pies for the next five years.

And as a nice little cherry on top, "for significantly less money than he could have made elsewhere".

Love you, Brodes.

Last edited:

ant22

Premiership Player
Oct 14, 2005
gisborne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
pies
One of my very good mates was asked a few years ago to invite a couple of Collingwood players to a box at the tennis. One of those players was Grundy. My mate is an unassuming normal bloke on his mid 40s. Not the type of bloke a superstar footballer would be remotely interest in keeping in touch with. Brodie has. While there not close mates they often text and now each year go to the tennis together. Just last month Brodie sent my mate a message to wish his son a happy 2nd birthday. He is a throughout, intelligent and really generous guy. To think that some clubs may of passed on him because they did not like him in interviews. I don’t see bucks get to gushy over players but whenever people mention Grundy in s presser his face lights up. He is loved so much at Collingwood and has so much love for the club his teamates and everyone at the club. He is one bloke I’d be suprised to see play anywhere else and would be happy to pay for a bit less(imo). Just a champ on and off the field.

kallangur pie

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
He has gone past Gawn this season as the leading ruckman in the AFL,consistently in our best 2 or 3 week after week probably in the best 3 players in the competition. Took a couple of big grabs and kicked 2 goals and 51 hit outs the most important player we have now.

PieNSauce

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 22, 2007
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
are jealous!
I's post something more meaty here but there are only so many superlatives one can include in a single post so here's mine. Gun!

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm not a guy with heaps of sources, but in my line of work I'm sometimes lucky enough to stumble across some good info. This is one such occasion:

Brodie Grundy has signed with the Pies for the next five years.

And as a nice little cherry on top, "for significantly less money than he could have made elsewhere".

Love you, Brodes.
Really?????

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
One of my very good mates was asked a few years ago to invite a couple of Collingwood players to a box at the tennis. One of those players was Grundy. My mate is an unassuming normal bloke on his mid 40s. Not the type of bloke a superstar footballer would be remotely interest in keeping in touch with. Brodie has. While there not close mates they often text and now each year go to the tennis together. Just last month Brodie sent my mate a message to wish his son a happy 2nd birthday. He is a throughout, intelligent and really generous guy. To think that some clubs may of passed on him because they did not like him in interviews. I don’t see bucks get to gushy over players but whenever people mention Grundy in s presser his face lights up. He is loved so much at Collingwood and has so much love for the club his teamates and everyone at the club. He is one bloke I’d be suprised to see play anywhere else and would be happy to pay for a bit less(imo). Just a champ on and off the field.
Brodie is a very special person.

Great player - a given.

A good guy - a given.

The bonus part is he also sees the world beyond football and is well grounded.

Our future and our present!

Captain if he wishes to be - he’d be so good. As long as he wishes the role.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
He has such an incredible aerobic capacity for a big man, its quite amazing watching him go to work. He simply works his opponent over relentlessly.

Was great to see him kick a few goals, too. More of it plz, Brodie.

Gun.
Yes adding multiple goal kicking to his already impressive work around the ground makes him a breathtaking threat for opposition coaches.

Given a few more performances like that and he will start to send teams into total disarray trying to cover him.

noideaatall

Premiership Player
May 14, 2011
home, sth of hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
He has such an incredible aerobic capacity for a big man, its quite amazing watching him go to work. He simply works his opponent over relentlessly.

Was great to see him kick a few goals, too. More of it plz, Brodie.

Gun.
Lot of work been put in there as my memory is this wasn't a feature when he first came to the pies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back