Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottoman

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2014
Istanbul
AFL Club
Collingwood
According to Buckley's presser he was playing with a very sore neck otto - context mate.
Yeah. Its easy to make excuses jonbe.
I heard those post game remarks as well.
Truth is he got beaten.
I'm sure if he dominated we wouldn't have heard about any niggles.
Maybe Gawn was playing with an even sorer neckç
I am a fan of Grundy, but, people are making out like he is jesus reincarnated. He's not.
* me people are saying he is better than Peter Moore. A dual brownlow medalist.
It's silly

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
Truth is he got beaten.
I am a fan of Grundy, but, people are making out like he is jesus reincarnated. He's not.
**** me people are saying he is better than Peter Moore. A dual brownlow medalist.
It's silly
Not excuses otto if truly sore in the neck it has a valid bearing on his performance - that being said Gawn played well.

As for Gawn having issues - we can only base our thoughts on the information available mate.

Both sensational ruckman and players - Gawn the better tap, Grundy has the edge around the stoppages.

Should be marvelous to see the next few years with both tearing up the competition.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Was troubled by the ankle injury all week and just tired as the match wore on, Gawn owed him one and lifted as he realised Grundy was limited. They're both colossal ruckmen so its no disgrace for Grundy to lose one. He'll get him next time!

I think that's the salient point whatever the injury issue was. Grundy's timing seemed off all day.

Oct 6, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Overall, I think we actually won the hitout count. But Gawn was clearly the dominant ruck on the day.

It was Gawn's influence around the ground though that surprised. He was everywhere, and had more disposals than any of our players. Clearly Grundy was hampered, as is it unlike him not to win a lot of the ball around the ground. it was also unlike Grundy to be outmuscled and pushed off the ball so often. Usually it is the other way around. Points to a few niggles. The bye comes at a good time for him!

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Truth is he got beaten.
**** me people are saying he is better than Peter Moore. A dual brownlow medalist.
It's silly

Was being discussed pre-match as well.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I couldn't give a fat flying f--k about AA.
What I do know is that many supporters are going way over the top when it comes to Grundy.
Reading some of the ****e people write you would thing he is the greatest player to have ever run onto a football field.
He got his arse handed to him yesterday.
He is a very good footballer and will bounce back.
But chill out people. He is at the moment no where near as good as what the rose coloured crowd think he is.
He’s a bit better though than you’re suggesting.

Yesterday Gawn beat him, though he wasn’t disgraced, just beaten.

Occasionally Len Thompson got beaten, Simon Madden got beaten....

For certain he’s with Gawn in the two clear best rucks in football.
They are both on Everest and it’s not crowded either up there.

For the whole season, suggest Grundy is the better of the two thus far.

OniAu

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
What I do know is that many supporters are going way over the top when it comes to Grundy.
Reading some of the ****e people write you would thing he is the greatest player to have ever run onto a football field.
But chill out people. He is at the moment no where near as good as what the rose coloured crowd think he is.

below is all i see when i read your last 3 posts. Grundy will lose some , everyone does. You complaining about people over reacting is pretty hypocritcal

1560221502597.png

Truth is he got beaten.
It's silly

Everyone gets beaten. Star mids sometimes get a Brownlow vote and feted for their performance when their opponent has beaten them. In last year's Grand Final, Adams was probably our best player, but he played on Shuey in the first half and got beaten so convincingly that we had to move a tagger onto Shuey to curb his influence.

Is there another player in the league who regularly beats his opponent by as big a margin as Grundy does? Maybe Max Gawn. They're both absolute stars of the game.

Tend to agree, probably our best player, but it's not clear cut. DeGoey, Pendles and Sidebottom would all be pressing.

Gawn is a better player right now, imo. If we had Gawn instead of Grundy, we would be no worse off. Grundy does have that intangible heart and determination factor that will drive him on after that pantsing by Gawn in Queens birthday. Like his response after Rowan Marshall took it up to him for three quarters against the Saints. Let's hope he gets fired up next time he plays Rhys Stanley too, because Stanley clearly beat him in round one as well.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I love Brodie

And I love Leigh.

So Leigh must be right :)

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I love Brodie

And I love Leigh.

So Leigh must be right :)

Leigh did say Cameron Wood was not much chop when we drafted him so I am with you Saintly.......I love Brodie.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Gawn gave him a bit of a bath yesterday - if Brodie was sore, the bye weekend has come at the right time.
Sore neck according to several sources.
But again Gawn has his measure.
Interested to see how the AA committee see this.
One on one Gawn was better than Grundy.
But across the first half of the season Grundy clearly is better than Gawn.
Wil it come down to this one on one despite Grundy being the better overall performer?
I think I know the answer....

Robroy22

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
Jindabyne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Central Broken Hill (Magpies)
I could be mistaken but didn't Grundy give Gawn a bath the last time they played? These two are going to be swapping ascendency for the next five years but would I want Gawn over Grundy? No flipping way I wouldn't! Our young bloke's a bull whilst Max sometimes goes all dinosaur!

Tend to agree, probably our best player, but it's not clear cut. DeGoey, Pendles and Sidebottom would all be pressing.

Gawn is a better player right now, imo. If we had Gawn instead of Grundy, we would be no worse off. Grundy does have that intangible heart and determination factor that will drive him on after that pantsing by Gawn in Queens birthday. Like his response after Rowan Marshall took it up to him for three quarters against the Saints. Let's hope he gets fired up next time he plays Rhys Stanley too, because Stanley clearly beat him in round one as well.

Going by Reports Grundy probably should not of Played on Queens Birthday

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back