Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
This is basically the best player in the game we're talking about.

If, emphasis on IF, he were to leave. I highly doubt it would be for the cash. It would purely be an insatiable desire to return home to Adelaide.

Sustained success requires sacrifice, see Geelong era, Hawks era etc. I still have the utmost confidence he'll remain.

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
This is basically the best player in the game we're talking about.

If, emphasis on IF, he were to leave. I highly doubt it would be for the cash. It would purely be an insatiable desire to return home to Adelaide.

Sustained success requires sacrifice, see Geelong era, Hawks era etc. I still have the utmost confidence he'll remain.

Yeah, totally agree with that. I believe he would stay with the Pies on less money if he really is genuinely happy here. Would only go to be with family etc.

Go Woods

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah, totally agree with that. I believe he would stay with the Pies on less money if he really is genuinely happy here. Would only go to be with family etc.
He wants a 6-7 year deal, pretty sure Pies will be more than happy to accomodate that when the time comes for both Grundy(his management) and Pies sit down to nut this out, $ won’t be an issue.

The high volume and low quality of footy journalism is increasingly notable. Especially around contract renewals for big-name players, it resembles nothing so much as a creature which produces a lot of **** and which loves nothing more than feeding of its own faeces.

Maybe the biggest indictment of the media industry is that the fluff produced by the clubs seems relatively enlightening in comparison.

Haha.
How would I know?
But I reckon the guys at FF have an insight. none of us have.
And that’s a fact.
Because the guys at FF would never fluff up a story for click bait?

And no-one is saying that it couldn’t be true, just that there is nothing in the article to give it any credibility at all.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Love the way we try and ignore the reality by clutching at the smallest straws.
FoxFooty have more ex player/coaches on their payroll than any other media.
They have the confidence of current players/coaches/administrators. But they won’t break that confidence by putting their name to an article that could possibly reveal the sources.

What a bizarre statement? Can you enlighten us as to who these former personalities were in regards to Kirby’s post? Given you know they aren’t breaking confidence obviously...

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's a misnomer to suggest that ex-players are still part of the inner circle of a club. The guys on the Fox Footy podcast itself said it this week when discussing Ben Dixon's comments about Clarko.

Fox Footy doesn't hold any more weight as a media outlet than any other outlet that covers footy. The line that Grundy has put talks "on hold" is a fair bit of mayo on the reality that Grundy is in no rush to sign a new deal. The Hun, for instance, reported that Ned Guy and Robbie D'Orazio have started preliminary talks.

Last edited:
It's a misnomer to suggest that ex-player's are still part of the inner circle of a club. The guys on the Fox Footy podcast itself said it this week when discussing Ben Dixon's comments about Clarko.

Fox Footy doesn't hold anymore weight as a media outlet than any other outlet that covers footy. The line that Grundy has put talks "on hold" is a fair bit of mayo on the reality that Grundy is in no rush to sign a new deal. The Hun, for instance, reported that Ned Guy and Robbie D'Orazio have started preliminary talks.

That why I don't take any report Seriously unless it come from Grundy or his Manager's Mouth

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
That why I don't take any report Seriously unless it come from Grundy or his Manager's Mouth
Dave, all you really need to know is when Grundy decides to retire (years and years away).
Until then think of black and white stripes, number 4, black socks, one up, one down.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Dave you couldn’t possibly believe that?

Not Sure what to Believe.

Jay Clark is not the Worst Jurno out there.

Though I could not believe we be trying to sign him to a 2-3 Year Deal

Doc1763

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'd give him a 6 year deal in a heartbeat.

This bloke is a dead set superstar. I dont want draft picks for him, draft picks are always a risk, regardless of how early they are.

I want to see him play his 300th game in a Collingwood jumper.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back