Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thedivided

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
If we got away with paying less then 1 million per season we'd be making out like bandits unfortunately I dont think brodie is that silly.

Demanding job being permanent Ruckman where personal positioning is vital, then organising midfield setups, big leap to then also be organising team structures and acting as onfield coach.
Doubt we will ever see an AFL Ruckman captain again. He's a good leader.
Interesting. Having grown up in an era where the captains role was basically tossing the coin and helping the coach with the occasional rev up speech, I wasn't aware that the on field role of captain had grown so much. It makes sense though that they are calling structural shots out there. Really shows how priceless Pendles is and makes me rethink the type who should be captain. Eg Adams and his intense tunnel vision would have been a yesteryear captain, but does he have a peripheral enough view to help set structures?

He's the best player in the league.

What's Danger on? Fyfe? Dusty? That's the yardstick.

2 games ago he was dominated by the best ruckman in the game. How is he the best player? There is a massive overrating of this guy around here, and in the media.

He is the second best ruckman in the comp and probably in the top 10 players.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
2 games ago he was dominated by the best ruckman in the game. How is he the best player? There is a massive overrating of this guy around here, and in the media.

Every player gets beaten sometimes sunshine - I watched Len Thompson and Peter Moore for their entire careers and let me tell you baby they had their colours lowered occasionally despite having three Charlies between them.

Rucks all day, runs all day, makes 2nd and 3rd efforts all day, contested marker, goalkicker.

The complete package.

Grundy is 3 players in 1 - 1st ruck, ruck rover and onball goalkicker.

What the * more do you want?

I would say your 'assessment' is unfairly unbalanced - not that I'm surprised.

Mar 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

Grundy has had Gawn covered this year. One game where he went in with neck and ankle injuries doesn't change things.

He's the best player in the AFL and not just by a little bit.

Every player gets beaten sometimes sunshine - I watched Len Thompson and Peter Moore for their entire careers and let me tell you baby they had their colours lowered occasionally despite having three Charlies between them.

Rucks all day, runs all day, makes 2nd and 3rd efforts all day, contested marker, goalkicker.

The complete package.

What the **** more do you want?

Welcome to 2019. Read my post again with out blinkers and it's pretty balanced. I love the guy and he is a weapon, but he is overrated by people on here.

I feel like some people don't actually watch the influence his opponent sometimes has. Like say, the Freo loss (Lobb) and Geelong (Stanley).

Let's hope he gives a very good ruckman in Goldstein the runaround tonight.

Welcome to 2019. Read my post again with out blinkers and it's pretty balanced. I love the guy and he is a weapon, but he is overrated by people on here.

I feel like some people don't actually watch the influence his opponent sometimes has. Like say, the Freo loss (Lobb) and Geelong (Stanley).

Let's hope he gives a very good ruckman in Goldstein the runaround tonight.

IF he is Overrated then we might as well trade him then and get a top 2 Pick in this Draft then

IF he is Overrated then we might as well trade him then and get a top 2 Pick in this Draft then

I doubt he is overrated league wide. Just people saying he is clearly the best player in the comp. That's just not anywhere near true. Fyfe and Danger have done it for longer and deserve far more respect.

He won't be traded, he won't leave, but his market value would be the number one pick and a future first or an OBrien from the Crows.

The complete package.

What the **** more do you want?

Goldstein highest rated player on the ground at halftime.

And as I clearly stated, those at FF are not going to burn their sources just for your satisfaction.
I perceive credibility because I understand how things work in a closed environment like the AFL.
You understand?

You come across more stupid with every post.

Just give up.

Well he was Poor Tonight. Just real lack of Effort from just about all the Players
It wasn't one player that lost the game for us tonight is all I am saying and no need to look elsewhere for a ruck, we have a very good one that has been pretty good all year.

Edit: I think it is funny that I am sticking up for him and you are not.:)

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Grundy has been my favourite since his first game but I refuse to buy into the "best player in the comp" hype. He's fantastic at what he does but there's still room for improvement before he's a genuine #1. There's still a lot of weak taps to disadvantage and his disposals are often blind and not directly to a teammate. Perhaps it's because he's so unique that there's an unbeatable aura surrounding him but I don't consider him one of the best players in the comp. In the age of stats and SuperCoach scores being what majority of footy fans like to use to analyse games and performances, I reckon his numbers often appear greater than what he really produces.

Grundy has been my favourite since his first game but I refuse to buy into the "best player in the comp" hype. He's fantastic at what he does but there's still room for improvement before he's a genuine #1. There's still a lot of weak taps to disadvantage and his disposals are often blind and not directly to a teammate. Perhaps it's because he's so unique that there's an unbeatable aura surrounding him but I don't consider him one of the best players in the comp. In the age of stats and SuperCoach scores being what majority of footy fans like to use to analyse games and performances, I reckon his numbers often appear greater than what he really produces.

So we should make him a Mid and Chase a Ruckman?

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
So we should make him a Mid and Chase a Ruckman?
I rate Grundy highly as a ruck, I just don't think he's the consistent world beater that he's made out to be. What sets him apart from other rucks is his clearance and link-up work and he's become a good mark too but his tap to advantage work isn't better than the likes of Gawn, Goldstein, Naitanui and Kreuzer to name a few

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Think that is a fair assessment. His disposals often miss the mark even under no pressure. Commitment is great though and he's surely up there with the best but probably gets a tad overrated because of the hitouts.

Lol. Witts got a third rounder. Grundy gets us a late second, at best. ;)
With our trading record we might get a mid-second for Grundy if we throw in a first ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back