Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclops

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 25, 2001
Northern Suburbs
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
IOM Gyms, Preston Nth End
Rance is definitely over-rated, but his selection is justifiable because of his many years at a high level. No actual mention of Grundy looks like an oversight, as if the list was compiled in real hurry.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who gives a rip about lists?

Every list compiled is just opinions - usually with an agenda behind it.

Enjoy the fact we have the best ruck and one of the best players in the league and forget about those lists.

partypie

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Green Bay Packers
Shifter Sheenan has lost the Plat. He does not even mention Grundy as top Pick at 18. Though gives it to the Diver Alex Rance?

To be fair Grundy has a way to go before eclipsing any of those three.

He's definitely on track to do so, but there's 5-6 years of his career to play out before that happens - let's hope for the club as a whole they're really "productive" ones leading to Ed having to sign off on a work order for some adjustments to be made to the "cabinetry" at least once, or maybe even twice.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Am a bit disappointed with Grundy's performance in the GF last year, and especially the prelim this year.

18466AD3-E4E4-4E12-A5C2-105056321B56.gif

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep single handed lost both of those games for us, why would we ever consider re-signing him beats me.
Here l was thinking it was a team sport.
Agree, but we might have thought that he could smash a fat, gasping Mummy but in the end GWS was happy that the fat man didn't allow Grundy to help get us over the line. The biggest disappointment was that it was camped on our forward line for the pointy end of the match and Brodes kept hitting it down to his feet.

In the Granny last year, Vardy and his unheralded partner in crime beat him. Remember the disappointment comes from the knowledge that he is probably the best ruckman in the competition and probably our best ruckman ever.

Agree, but we might have thought that he could smash a fat, gasping Mummy but in the end GWS was happy that the fat man didn't allow Grundy to help get us over the line. The biggest disappointment was that it was camped on our forward line for the pointy end of the match and Brodes kept hitting it down to his feet.

In the Granny last year, Vardy and his unheralded partner in crime beat him. Remember the disappointment comes from the knowledge that he is probably the best ruckman in the competition and probably our best ruckman ever.
I was being a little sarcastic about the post. I do remember saying smash it forward into open space.
As for our best ruck ever, l think he has a little way to go yet, Thompson and Moore snr are infront of him still.

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I was being a little sarcastic about the post. I do remember saying smash it forward into open space.
As for our best ruck ever, l think he has a little way to go yet, Thompson and Moore snr are infront of him still.
Well maybe, I did not really see Thommo, but I rate the older Moore a better contested mark and more athletic.

Well maybe, I did not really see Thommo, but I rate the older Moore a better contested mark and more athletic.
Thompson’s tap work was brilliant, very good mark, athletic, good kick for goal. General kicking let him down a bit.
If you were a rover, you would love to have him as your ruckman, got first use of the footy most of the time

Rance is definitely over-rated, but his selection is justifiable because of his many years at a high level. No actual mention of Grundy looks like an oversight, as if the list was compiled in real hurry.

That would not be a Huge Shock

ASADA need to know where players are. Thats the reality of life of an AFL footballer. They are toward the end of their trip, so I imagine reception would be easier.

Would they send ASDA people out there to test him then?

Would they send ASDA people out there to test him then?
If he was chosen (I assume they choose players randomly to test?) then maybe. I mean when Thomas and Keefe were tested, that was in the off season? But you don't hear that they test players if they are overseas. But I really have no idea. Maybe someone else may know if they do this?

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
If he was chosen (I assume they choose players randomly to test?) then maybe. I mean when Thomas and Keefe were tested, that was in the off season? But you don't hear that they test players if they are overseas. But I really have no idea. Maybe someone else may know if they do this?
With athletes, they can turn up anywhere, including overseas.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Really weird article Jen

Did the reporter write the article based on Brodie’s Insta posts or did I read it wrong?
Seems he was on the tour with Grundy. Possibly a promotional piece for the tour group, which tapped into Grundy's ambassador role?

Seems he was on the tour with Grundy. Possibly a promotional piece for the tour group, which tapped into Grundy's ambassador role?

and with his Contract Talk probably trying to get a Scoop being with Brody

CFC2010

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Thank f k for that mate because I thought he was talking in the third person.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thompson’s tap work was brilliant, very good mark, athletic, good kick for goal. General kicking let him down a bit.
If you were a rover, you would love to have him as your ruckman, got first use of the footy most of the time
Thompson was the better ruckman and could drop kick the ball a mile.

Thompson was the better ruckman and could drop kick the ball a mile.
Not arguing with you about thommo, loved watching him play. One reason was why McKenna was so good, was his ruck work to the mids, got first use of the footy and put it lace out to pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back