Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reputations are made in finals

Fraser much better record
A ruckman not a follower

Go watch some you tube
Dude, you honestly think Josh Fraser was a better footballer the Grundy? haha.. Please dude, your making yourself look stupid..
Once we recruited a half decent ruckman in Jolly, Fraser couldn't get a game. Fraser wasn't even an emergency in either grand final games..

Dude, you honestly think Josh Fraser was a better footballer the Grundy? haha.. Please dude, your making yourself look stupid..
Once we recruited a half decent ruckman in Jolly, Fraser couldn't get a game. Fraser wasn't even an emergency in either grand final games..

I think you are misinterpreting what he's saying. Fraser was a naturally gifted footballer, Grundy more an athlete who has taken to footy. That Fraser was a better "footballer" doesn't necessarily make him a better player in a head to head comparison but that's for each person to decide. Grundy is still only 1/2 way through his career.

Whatever
PCL you forgot that

Try watching some tapes
Grundy has zero understanding of the game

Tad harsh. Do agree his tap work needs work and the chemistry between him and the mids.
Only played two years of juniors

Nowhere near as harsh as what we got sucked into
Can't mark
Can't play forward
Doesn't kick goals
Outbodied by forwards at stoppages
Can't find a teammate All he wants to rove his own taps

Highest paid player

Nor harsh at all

Think he could coach

Whatever
PCL you forgot that

Try watching some tapes
Grundy has zero understanding of the game
Instead of always saying “go watch more football”, maybe you could point to a particular passage of play in a particular game. It certainly would display more insight and make you seem like less of a ********.

Has anything come out yet about Brodie being injured.

Unless its been a well publicised injury (ACL, Shoulder reco) you don't tend to hear about how many players have post season surgeries. From experience I can tell you that roughly 30% of our list will have been booked in for post season clean ups and the like.

Can't mark
Can't play forward
Doesn't kick goals

Highest paid player

Nor harsh at all

Think he could coach

Max Gawn has been considered battling with Grundy as best ruck the past three years yeah ??? Stats rack up pretty well against

I think the glaring weaknesses or improvements that can be made in Grundys game , youve listed.

Contested marking. Defensively as well as Offensively.

Plus his tap work to the mids , pies should be seeking a genuine Ruck coach and utilising him at the heights of his powers.

Lets not get over excited and say he isnt that special , as he is nearly a once in a generation ruck.

1603267005445.png

Max Gawn has been considered battling with Grundy as best ruck the past three years yeah ??? Stats rack up pretty well against

I think the glaring weaknesses or improvements that can be made in Grundys game , youve listed.

Contested marking. Defensively as well as Offensively.

Plus his tap work to the mids , pies should be seeking a genuine Ruck coach and utilising him at the heights of his powers.

Lets not get over excited and say he isnt that special , as he is nearly a once in a generation ruck.

View attachment 991150
Literally no point discussing it with him, he rates a whole bunch of potato ruckmen ahead of Grundy.

Literally no point discussing it with him, he rates a whole bunch of potato ruckmen ahead of Grundy.

Oh good to know. Wont waste my time then. Lets go back to the glory days of Chris Bryan, David Fanning and Guy Richards

Oh good to know. Wont waste my time then. Lets go back to the glory days of Chris Bryan, David Fanning and Guy Richards
Those names are not ones I look back on with much fondness. Bloody hell Darren Jolly was a godsend

Can't mark
Can't play forward
Doesn't kick goals

Highest paid player

Nor harsh at all

Think he could coach
Seriously dude, you're making yourself look stupid. You are probably the only human on this planet that thinks Grundy is rubbish. I don't know if Grundy Shagged your Mrs, but your vendetta against him is personal.
Maybe not this year, but he is arguably the best ruckman in the league.
2 x All Australians
2 x Copeland Trophys
Herald Sun player of the year 2018
Take your head out of Josh Frasers ass and see the light my friend..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly, but why let him get to that stage, give him two to three weeks off before finals, Cameron showed potential, why run Grundy into the ground, you want him firing for finals
If he did have an injury (I think he did), you can't criticise not resting him without knowing what that injury was and if resting him would have made a difference.

Seriously dude, you're making yourself look stupid. You are probably the only human on this planet that thinks Grundy is rubbish. I don't know if Grundy Shagged your Mrs, but your vendetta against him is personal.
Maybe not this year, but he is arguably the best ruckman in the league.
2 x All Australians
2 x Copeland Trophys
Herald Sun player of the year 2018
Take your head out of Josh Frasers ass and see the light my friend..

Maybe it's Josh Fraser ;)

So is it time to start discussing how badly the Grundy deal has been for our salary cap and list.

Yes others no doubt add to the problem but this is the big one.

Not sure who is more to blame, the club for being stupid, or Grundy for being self-centred.

Grundy any good as a supercoach pick next year to bounce back into form?
He should be a value of sorts, as I would expect him to have a better year.

Anyone hearing that Grundy is now more oriented toward returning to South Australia? Someone suggested it to me today.
Would seem a little odd given he's about to commence his 7 year deal.

But the release of Broomhead, Treloar, Phillips and Shaz this season would all make him less warm towards remaining at the club I'd expect.
How close would he have been to Pebbles, who was also let go?
Did Grundy have the freedom to do his own clearance work this season?

Hope we're not about to witness the start of the subsequent fallout from trade period.

Anyone hearing that Grundy is now more oriented toward returning to South Australia? Someone suggested it to me today.
Would seem a little odd given he's about to commence his 7 year deal.

But the release of Broomhead, Treloar, Phillips and Shaz this season would all make him less warm towards remaining at the club I'd expect.
How close would he have been to Pebbles, who was also let go?
Did Grundy have the freedom to do his own clearance work this season?

Hope we're not about to witness the start of the subsequent fallout from trade period.
Has Pebbles been let go?! Finally! I doubt they would have had much in common at all.

How would anyone other than those close to him have any idea if he wished he could return to SA? It was even suggested that Grundy wanted Treloar gone, so I doubt that player leaving is going to influence his thoughts on staying here. I am also sure he would have been under no illusion about Broomhead not remaining at the club. For $1 million a year, I don't think Brodie is going to be at all concerned. The supporters on the other hand will be hoping for a significant lift in performance from his 2020 form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back