Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jathanas not a criticism but an observation.

I've been around this site since before our last flag, first as an observer before I got registered.

There remains some that constantly skirt the bleeding edge of acceptable behavior and yet have continued to escape censure, yet when posters respond to their garbage the responding posters are censured.

I would hope that this new policy direction will take a look at long term behavior because a drop of water on your nose is nothing but the Chinese know a thing or two about using that don't they. Adding to this posters see these almost trolls getting away with blue murder and it just encourages more to try it.

Welcome to Big Footy so glad you signed up :thumbsu:

jonmacTrag

Premiership Player
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
We're not perfect. Help us know when this has happened and perhaps we will be able to explain our decision or rectify our error.

It can't be left to a team of 4 to lift the tone, it has to be supported by the community.
Agreed but the lead must be there, too many new would be trolls are joining and the site is suffering. I'm happy to contribute by my time is limited.

jonmacTrag

Premiership Player
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Why didn't Grundy enhance our premiership chances by taking unders on his last contract like they do at Richmond, instead of squeezing everything he could out of the club? Secondly why did the club let him?
Grundy gets the angst but the true villain of the piece is Beams.

That had disaster written all over it but only a few voices in the wilderness spoke out against it.

Aug 24, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Why didn't Grundy enhance our premiership chances by taking unders on his last contract like they do at Richmond, instead of squeezing everything he could out of the club? Secondly why did the club let him?
Grundy has every right to ask for whatever he wants. It’s the boneheaded administration that decided to give it to him.

Grundy isnt getting paid overs. Not in $ terms anyway. Arguably his contract is a year or two too long but annually hes not overpaid.

I don't think we know what he's on. I'm pretty confident that in going up to 7 years, we would have come down in amount per year. Press didn't change the amount per year that they were talking, but it seems unlikely that it wouldn't have changed.

An ironic question?
What if we drafted a young ruckman in the next year or 2 that turns into a superstar?
Would Grundy play reserves?
I really don't think we need to worry about that or consider it a problem. Injuries or becoming less mobile and thus less effective are the things to be concerned about with the 7 year contract. If we draft a superstar young ruckman and Grundy hasn't declined - we'll be in an enviable position.

I really don't think we need to worry about that or consider it a problem. Injuries or becoming less mobile and thus less effective are the things to be concerned about with the 7 year contract. If we draft a superstar young ruckman and Grundy hasn't declined - we'll be in an enviable position.

Good call sr36
I was also thinking will the club look at drafting young ruckman as well.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
That’s what we thought when we had Witts and Grundy but I’m the end that amounted to nothing.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL

It might be that the Grundawg is rucking well.. but the synergy around him has never been right.. 4 blokes in the guts.. each standing next to their opponent.. when they should be on the front foot.. getting on the end of the Dawg's hitouts. The more they do this.. the more they get to know each other's games.. the easier it gets.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Are we not using Brody's dominance to advantage? That's an obvious, so why are we paying so much? It's clear to me that hit outs are a not much to our coach but hit outs to advantage are a clear importance.

So how about we take advantage and actually make use of our hit out advantage, we'd seriously clean up on clearance if we could, something clearly wrong here.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
Are we not using Brody's dominance to advantage? That's an obvious, so why are we paying so much? It's clear to me that hit outs are a not much to our coach but hit outs to advantage are a clear importance.

So how about we take advantage and actually make use of our hit out advantage, we'd seriously clean up on clearance if we could, something clearly wrong here.

I'm glad you asked.

Is it that he's got no talent? I doubt it. Is it a lack of chemistry in the group.. I'd say yeah maybe and that re.. is it micromanagement of players in the guts.. yeah maybe.

It should just all evolve naturally in the guts. Less preaching from the big man upstairs. My ol' man was a big time psalti in church.. for decades.. one of Melbourne's best. Only preached religion to me for 1 min. And look at how turned out. A *en great re.

Chief Ten Beers

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just on this point, the people comparing Grundy to Jolly and claiming Grundy's not up to it just consider....
Just in his time at Collingwood, Jolly's midfield consisted of the likes of : Ball, Pendlebury, Swan, Didak, Beams, Sidebottom, Thomas, Wellingham and Blair. There's premierships, Norm Smiths, AFL Captains, All Australians and a Brownlow medallist in there and most of them (Ball conceded) were in their primes. Compare that to what Grundy has available to him at present. Sier, Adams, Josh Daicos, The Brown Brothers, JDG, Elliot, Noble and who???? Two aged stars of a bygone era (Pendles and Sidey).

The problem is not Grundy. It's the dogs breakfast of Mids that he's supposed to be servicing.

10 years and this is the team Buckley built. Laughable really..

Your perspective is noted, it's damning really

jonmacTrag

Premiership Player
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
10 years and this is the team Buckley built. Laughable really..

Your perspective is noted, it's damning really
Yeah just as damning as Mick's attitude to recruiting a genuine big ruckman. 9 years in the board want's him gone but Eddie goes to bat for him and the board gives him a couple of years on the proviso that he gets a genuine big ruckman. That very offseason Jolly is traded in and the rest is history.

Maybe our Mids are Overrated and Crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back