Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure cheap reject ruckmen are the only template for success.

TfT, have a look back through the last 10 years and see what ruckman were on big coin. Maybe Sandilands (Ottens finished in 2011 and Nic Nat I think got paid after 2015). There maybe another template for success but clearly there is a template that works and we are trying to reinvent the wheel.

2011 Ottens v Jolly
2012 Mumford v Hale
2013 Bailey v Sandliands
2014 Hale v Pyke
2015 Mcevoy v Nic Nat
2016 Roughead v Naismith (yes Boyd played some ruck)
2017 Nakervis v Jacobs
2018 Lycett v Grundy
2019 Nankervis v Mumford
2020 Nakervis v Stanley

They seem to think Mumford worries Grundy. They drag him out and blow off the cobwebs every time they play us. It seems to work too.
I wish Brody would learn from past experience. He is still dropping the pill at his feet inside their forward fifty providing the opposition with a fifty fifty opportunity.

granted mids around Grundy are not 2010 quality. But surely they are playing to instruction at set pieces.
One day, Grundy will become an extra midfielder again when he is allowed to.

Won’t happen in Buckley’s reign though as he seems to think Grundy tapping it at his feet is all the rage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At what point is he traded for a 2nd rounder to get his utterly ridiculous salary off our books?

Not even a joke now, completely serious discussion needs to be had.

Beaten by a retired 35 year old ruck coach today whose body is held together with tape

What club would be dumb enough to take it on?

We’d probably end up paying what he’s actually worth whilst he plays for another club!!!

Grundy should offer to take a pay cut. I’m serious. It would be the gesture of someone really invested in the club.

Brodie is invested in himself , $$$$$$ Like i stated many moons ago, If i`m in the trenches, I don`t want him in my trench he is a pea heart ,

Last edited:
Beams at no1 for mine.
The back ended Treloar deal also needs a mention.

We could put together an amazing top 10 if we tried.

Mayne and a Wells with no soft tissue left would be up there. It's any wonder we can still field a team due to such inept list management giving million dollar contracts to a ruckman.

Mayne and a Wells with no soft tissue left would be up there. It's any wonder we can still field a team due to such inept list management giving million dollar contracts to a ruckman.

Oh wow. I forgot about the Wells deal.

Phillips 600k, Cox 5-600 - they were more front of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back