Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At what point is he traded for a 2nd rounder to get his utterly ridiculous salary off our books?

Not even a joke now, completely serious discussion needs to be had.

Beaten by a retired 35 year old ruck coach today whose body is held together with tape

I was actually thinking this exact same thing today.

If we were to try to trade him at the end of the year we’d be stuck in a Treloar situation.

We’d end up paying a significant chunk of his contract and get a relatively nothing pick in return.

Right now if we could turn back time I would do a pick we could have used to grab Logan McDonald and a swap for O’Brien in a heart beat...

Not found
On his current output, Grundy is a $500-600k player. If we tried to trade him (which we won’t) no club would be willing to take on the size of his contract unless we were prepared to pay say $400k per year.

So we have really made Grundy untouchable when it comes to trading and he knows it - and is playing like he knows it.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Good observation. He’s got us over a barrel. I resent him now.

Its the Pies own fault, should have done a Hawthorn or Geelong with Abblett and Franklin, the club and team as a whole is bigger than the individual. Just hope they learn from it....(they won't)
I doubt many of them will get a chance to learn from it. I can't see most of our football department surviving for much longer.

was it last years draft or 2019 draft where the Crows would have given us there first pick for Grundy? It better not have been a missed opportunity for Logan Mcdonald.

I liked Manson too but Grundy is far better.
Not at present. Charlie was a consistent workhorse who would have taken it right up to Mummy last night. Grundy showed very little fortitude against him last night, and on previous occasions.
I think Manson was on the equivalent of about a million Vietnamese Dong per annum.

Not at present. Charlie was a consistent workhorse who would have taken it right up to Mummy. Grundy showed very little fortitude against him last night and on previous occasions.
I think Manson was on the equivalent of about a million Vietnamese Dong per annum.
Are we comparing players or contracts?
Grundy far superior to Mason.

I suspect the club environment has put him on that path. Joint lost its focus. No way would this sh*t have been tolerated by MM. I had a love hate with MM but you can't deny where his focus was, winning games and winning flags.
Bucks discovered the healing power of hugs and believed footy was about helping people to reach their full potential in 2018.
I still think it's about winning flags and bringing joy to the club's long suffering fan base.
I don't think Bucks is too fussed about the great unwashed in the stands.

Are we comparing players or contracts?
Grundy far superior to Mason.
Pound for pound (not British pounds) Manson is better, based on where Grundy is today as a footballer. He also has a premiership medallion and some mongrel to boot! The sort of mongrel that was required against Mumford last night.
Does your memory go back as far as the 2018 GF or the 2019 Prelim? Grundy was torn a new one by Lycett in the GF, then Mumford in the Prelim. He doesn’t stand up when it’s needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bucks discovered the healing power of hugs and believed footy was about helping people to reach their full potential in 2018.
I still think it's about winning flags and bringing joy to the club's long suffering fan base.
I don't think Bucks is too fussed about the great unwashed in the stands.

They're the same thing. The problem is that despite all the talk, Bucks doesn't appear to be a very good manager in terms of getting them to reach and live up to their full potential and thus the flags aren't likely to come.

I think I'd like Grundy as a person, because a geeky giant is hard not to like. He's thoughtful.

Hard not to be ambivalent about Grundy as a 7 year Collingwood player on a sizable contract.

Initially, I held no grudge that he held out for an elite salary over so many years, and in this world most of us take what we can get. Blame the club, was my thinking.

Now I'm less forgiving. Some part of it has to do with us having to squeeze out Treloar and Co., but I just can't say that I'm a fan of any player who so determinedly puts his interest before the team. I feel sure that some teammates would also question the decision-making of both player and club.

It is well understood that Pendlebury and Sidebottom have taken considerably less than market value, as has JDG, as have so many players at other clubs in the same circumstances. Players get bigger contracts when moving clubs, and take less when staying put, especially if the cap is known to be tight.

It surprises me somewhat that Grundy, who I'm sure will be a good player for most of his current contract, didn't accept less annual salary and/or years.

In my longwinded way, I understand and try hard not share the resentment others are feeling about him. Try to forget about his contract, I guess, and hope that the new generation of untested players exceed our every expectation.

I think I'd like Grundy as a person, because a geeky giant is hard not to like. He's thoughtful.

Hard not to be ambivalent about Grundy as a 7 year Collingwood player on a sizable contract.

Initially, I held no grudge that he held out for an elite salary over so many years, and in this world most of us take what we can get. Blame the club, was my thinking.

Now I'm less forgiving. Some part of it has to do with us having to squeeze out Treloar and Co., but I just can't say that I'm a fan of any player who so determinedly puts his interest before the team. I feel sure that some teammates would also question the decision-making of both player and club.

It is well understood that Pendlebury and Sidebottom have taken considerably less than market value, as has JDG, as have so many players at other clubs in the same circumstances. Players get bigger contracts when moving clubs, and take less when staying put, especially if the cap is known to be tight.

It surprises me somewhat that Grundy, who I'm sure will be a good player for most of his current contract, didn't accept less annual salary and/or years.

In my longwinded way, I understand and try hard not share the resentment others are feeling about him. Try to forget about his contract, I guess, and hope that the new generation of untested players exceed our every expectation.
Thoughtful poetic philosophy.

This musing cost/gained me an angry red thumb from JB007

What to make of this? Who knows, the thumb speaks not.

Is it mindless? Possibly, or simply inscrutable.

It signals vague displeasure, which it is my pleasure to treasure.

Thank you, JB, my superspy alter ego. Xox.

Does anyone one remember BG in a doco that was after our great 2018 with BG comparing 18 to 16 & 17. He was basically saying he was frustrated with bucks in 16/17 because all bucks had to offer was that they had to “try harder”. Does anyone remember or am I imagining it?

TD to most it's simply the money - they will never relent because we were forced to overpay.

Overpay? We got for something less than $1m a year is my belief when the crows were apparently offering well above that. How did we overpay if we got him below market value?

Does anyone one remember BG in a doco that was after our great 2018 with BG comparing 18 to 16 & 17. He was basically saying he was frustrated with bucks in 16/17 because all bucks had to offer was that they had to “try harder”. Does anyone remember or am I imagining it?

I remember it

Did i hear on one of the Footy shows tonight maybe a few rumblings amongst the playing group re Bucks and Grundy and Roughead were mentioned. So maybe Grundy is not playing for Bucks now (not saying that is acceptable). Also mentioned that Pendle's will always stand by Buckley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back