Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloke can’t win. He has dominated this half. We are winning clearance and he has won a few of his own and he still gets bagged. We have a very thin midfield. On paper we should lose by 10 goals. With Cox in for pendles make that 15

Bloke can’t win. He has dominated this half. We are winning clearance and he has won a few of his own and he still gets bagged. We have a very thin midfield. On paper we should lose by 10 goals. With Cox in for pendles make that 15

Sadly people can't look past his Contract

Literally can't do anything right, lol. Getting potted in the game thread for handpassing to an open man who didn't get tackled or anything, and got an effective disposal off too, gets potted for his man taking marks when he's of the field, etc.

Spot on. People have made up their mind on him. Will go looking for every mistake. He has always made mistakes(everyone does) but his are amplified more than everyone else
He's playing alright, just not the same player he was a couple of years ago, not sure why but it's frustrating

He's playing alright, just not the same player he was a couple of years ago, not sure why but it's frustrating
I think it's partly that our midfield has gone from good to woeful around him, so coaches can really easily zero in on Grundy, as well as a lack of fitness for Grundy. Doesn't seem to be the same athlete he was, for whatever reason.

I think it's partly that our midfield has gone from good to woeful around him, so coaches can really easily zero in on Grundy, as well as a lack of fitness for Grundy. Doesn't seem to be the same athlete he was, for whatever reason.
I didn't know we had a midfield tonight, absolutely woeful, we can't go into next year with this midfield, they just aren't ready yet

Apply your rule of thumb to all the highest paid players....I reckon there's maybe half a dozen of them meeting your expectations?

1) Lance Franklin (Sydney Swans): $1.45million to $1.5million
2) Jeremy McGovern (West Coast): $1.2million to $1.25million
3) Dustin Martin (Richmond): $1.2million to $1.25million
4) Nat Fyfe (Fremantle): $1.075million to $1.1million
5) Brodie Grundy (Collingwood): $925,000 to $975,000
6) Patrick Dangerfield (Geelong): $900,000 to $950,000
7) Patrick Cripps (Carlton): $900,000 to $950,000
8) Stephen Coniglio (GWS): $900,000 to $950,000
9) Marcus Bontempelli (Western Bulldogs): $900,000 to $950,000
10) Jeremy Cameron (Geelong): $850,000 to $900,000
11) Adam Treloar (Western Bulldogs): $850,000 to $900,000
12) Rory Sloane (Adelaide): $825,000 to $875,000
13) Isaac Heeney (Sydney): $825,000 to $875,000
14) Christian Petracca (Melbourne): $800,000 to $850,000
15) Lachie Whitfield (GWS): $800,000 to $850,000
16) Toby Green (GWS): $800,000 to $850,000
17) Josh Kelly (GWS): $800,000 to $850,000
18) Max Gawn (Melbourne): $800,00 to $850,000
19) Brad Hill (St Kilda): $800,000 to $850,000
20) Joe Daniher (Brisbane): $800,000 to $850,000
21) Tom Mitchell (Hawthorn): $800,000 to $850,000
22) Ollie Wines (Port Adelaide): $800,000 to $850,000
23) Zac Williams (Carlton): $775,000 to $825,000
24) Jaeger O'Meara (Hawthorn): $775,000 to $825,000
25) Jacob Weitering (Carlton): $775,000 to $825,000

You had to reach to include players under 1 million a year. Including Buddy doesn't really help your argument either. Most of that list have earned or earn their money. There are a few exceptions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sadly people can't look past his Contract

For good reason… paying a ruckman that much money is overkill! As a few teams have already proved, you don’t need a premium ruckman to be successful.

If you’re happy with a good chunk of our salary cap going to a ruckman instead of a gun forward, then good for you. It doesn’t mean we can’t have our own opinion.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

For good reason… paying a ruckman that much money is overkill! As a few teams have already proved, you don’t need a premium ruckman to be successful.

If you’re happy with a good chunk of our salary cap going to a ruckman instead of a gun forward, then good for you. It doesn’t mean we can’t have our own opinion.

I think the point is that the real villain is the club for knuckling under.

Look it's clearly not personal and Brodie is a hell of player, it's just that his contract will continue to raise eyebrows until we become decent again.

Could say paying any player that much and that long is Overkill

Spot on. People have made up their mind on him. Will go looking for every mistake. He has always made mistakes(everyone does) but his are amplified more than everyone else
Yes you are correct but that's because he is the highest player on our list and he's not worth the coin or the contract length. People talk about our mids being sh?t and they are probably correct but Grundy's tap work is so so dreadful that we could have Danger, Bont, Macrae, Boak, Petracca and we would still lose centre clearances. He is an average tap ruckman that contributes around the ground which hides his difficiencies full f?cking stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back