Recommitted Brodie Grundy [re-signed until 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

Brodie Grundy is good but 1M or near that is reserved for the best of the best ruckmen, (Cox, Nic Nat, Sandi) And Grundy hasn't yet shown he'll be in the best 5 ruckman in the comp yet IMO.
He's 22/23 and i reckon he is worth every penny. there arent a lot of ruckmen who reach their peak @ 22, so considering i have him top 5/6 at the moment and he has room to grow, he is worth the contract imo. even if it is just to dislodge him from collingwood for the next 4-5 years.

Who said he was highly wanted? I never disputed he wasn't a good player, I'm just laughing my ass off at he prospect of him getting a million dollar a year contract because it's hilarious and won't happen.
Boyd got 1m for showing a lot less and is still yet to be anywhere near how good Grundy is.

He's 22/23 and i reckon he is worth every penny. there arent a lot of ruckmen who reach their peak @ 22, so considering i have him top 5/6 at the moment and he has room to grow, he is worth the contract imo. even if it is just to dislodge him from collingwood for the next 4-5 years.
Yeah I completely disagree. I think that's how you can ruin a list, On potential he's still not close to a million a year. Here are a list of the recent players from memory, who have been on 1m per year.
Fyfe
Sandilands
Pavlich
Riewoldt
Franklin
Ablett
Nic Nat
Johnno Brown
Judd
Tom Boyd
Tom Scully
Now besides Boyd and Scully, does Grundy belong with the rest of the names? IMO No. Best of the best make that kind of coin besides very strange situations (Boyd and Scully).

Boyd got 1m for showing a lot less and is still yet to be anywhere near how good Grundy is.
So you're basing it off Boyds contract? Better give every young player in the league with potential a big contract then, that'll work well. Boyd was a special situation because of the Ryan Griffen trade. Oh and for the record, I would take Boyd over Grundy every day of the week.

So you're basing it off Boyds contract? Better give every young player in the league with potential a big contract then, that'll work well. Boyd was a special situation because of the Ryan Griffen trade. Oh and for the record, I would take Boyd over Grundy every day of the week.
Grundy is no different
I doubt Collingwood offer him less than 700k a year. he is literally their most important player right now. without him, their #1 ruck is a category B rookie
therefore, to lure him, its going to be 800+

Grundy is no different
I doubt Collingwood offer him less than 700k a year. he is literally their most important player right now. without him, their #1 ruck is a category B rookie

Grundy and Moore are our 2 Most Important Players.

Cox is though coming along well

Grundy is no different
I don't see anybody offering him above 650, so I guess they'll keep him. But if you ask me, you're crazy if you are trying to offer him that much. No team is as bare for ruckmen as the Dogs were for a legitimate power forward, so I don't understand the Boyd comparison.

I don't see anybody offering him above 650, so I guess they'll keep him. But if you ask me, you're crazy if you are trying to offer him that much. No team is as bare for ruckmen as the Dogs were for a legitimate power forward, so I don't understand the Boyd comparison.
Essendon have Leuenberger (27 and injury prone), Bellchambers (27 and injury prone), McKernan (not a #1 ruck) and Draper (rookie with a non-AFL background)
We are as bare in the ruck dept as the dogs were for forwards (Crameri, Grant & Jones at the time)
we would offer him the cash to come over in a heartbeat.

Essendon have Leuenberger (27 and injury prone), Bellchambers (27 and injury prone), McKernan (not a #1 ruck) and Draper (rookie with a non-AFL background)
We are as bare in the ruck dept as the dogs were for forwards (Crameri, Grant & Jones at the time)

What would you offer in a Trade for Grundy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck with that one Vossy :thumbsu:

Prob re-signs with the Pies for 450k a season. If he were to leave you'd think it would be for about 550k a season & the Pies would get a mid first rounder for the trade.

Prob re-signs with the Pies for 450k a season. If he were to leave you'd think it would be for about 550k a season & the Pies would get a mid first rounder for the trade.
3-4 pick upgrade for a 22yo ruckman closing in on the top 3?

We offer more then $450k. I say between $600-700k be our Offer

You're right; I wasn't. Maybe he was but I was barely shitting on the bloke, you've gone a little defensive. I had to work weekends and watching the Pies under ol Bucks... not too much of an incentive!
Wow, I thought I was being pretty reasonable tbh. Wasn't trying to be defensive, just pointing out that he's certainly not riding on his exploits from his first year.

Wow, I thought I was being pretty reasonable tbh. Wasn't trying to be defensive, just pointing out that he's certainly not riding on his exploits from his first year.

Long Past That. Start of last season he was not even in the Best 22 but Seasons end he is the Best U-23 Ruckman in the AFL

Long Past That. Start of last season he was not even in the Best 22 but Seasons end he is the Best U-23 Ruckman in the AFL
Since when was "Best under 23 ruckman" a proper title? Next year will he be the "Best under 24 ruckman" and I bet 12 months ago he was the "Best under 22 ruckman? Honestly though, is it really that hard to understand the fact that he's not worth what the superstars of the league are worth? Not really, He's not a "special" ruckman as such.

Contract would be in the vicinity of 8-900k a year you would think.
Not outside the realm of possibility that someone would pony up the contract and the picks it would take to get all parties over the line.
$800- $900k? You are taking the piss, surely?

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back