Recommitted Brodie Grundy [re-signed until 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

600k is more than fair. 800k is ridiculous for his performance, that's what Dangerfield/Pendlebury ect gets paid.
true, but collingwood are likely to offer that too, at which point someone keen will offer 650, then pies offer 700, then 750
in a market where there arent a lot of decent rucks floating around, when one is out of contract, they are going to attract attention.

Is Grundy worth 800k a season? not really. not yet anyway
Can he get it? probably can.

Don't rate I'm that highly. Would take him but not on a bigger than average contract
Nah? Of all rival clubs in the comp, I think Hawthorn might be the club he's be best suited to. He'd be a clear #1 ruck, overtaking an average McEvoy who has had a good run but hasn't looked flash recently. Grundy's around the ground work is also supreme, which could be very handy following the departures of Lewis and Mitchell, and a lack in depth. Can hit the scoreboard too if needed, which is also an extra incentive.

Nah? Of all rival clubs in the comp, I think Hawthorn might be the club he's be best suited to. He'd be a clear #1 ruck, overtaking an average McEvoy who has had a good run but hasn't looked flash recently. Grundy's around the ground work is also supreme, which could be very handy following the departures of Lewis and Mitchell, and a lack in depth. Can hit the scoreboard too if needed, which is also an extra incentive.
we'd like him very much please
And we have picks we can give up. Hawks don't :)

Grundy to the likes of Heppell, Merrett, Parish, Tippa, McGrath over the next 6-8 years :)

we'd like him very much please
And we have picks we can give up. Hawks don't :)

Grundy to the likes of Heppell, Merrett, Parish, Tippa, McGrath over the next 6-8 years :)
Don't be so sure about that. They'll all be on the way here if you're really keen on the Grundog.

Lol ease up, Grundy is good, and will get better, but $800-900k is premier KPP type money, and Grundy is not there yet. Maybe in 2 or 3 years for his next contract he'll be looking at those numbers.
I would pay 800-900k for grundy without blinking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

800-900k for Grundy? LOL. Isn't that around what Patrick dangerfield is making....?
Boyd is making more than danger
Young kp talents that have elite potential will attract coin. Grundy has the potential to be the best in his position, which is a position lacking a lot of elite talent right now.

You Essendon supporters have lost your minds. I love Grundy, but he's not worth the currency you're talking about. At least not yet.
Ideal world, we give up a 2018 1st and maybe a 2nd this year, and i would pay him 750+
We are THAT desperate for a decent ruck.
We have a really good under 26 brigade. What is missing is a strong ruckman. Berger is the wrong age. Bellchambers too. Both are injury prone. McKernan is a support ruck. As is Stewart.
Grundy would be a wise move by us.

Ideal world, we give up a 2018 1st and maybe a 2nd this year, and i would pay him 750+
We are THAT desperate for a decent ruck.
We have a really good under 26 brigade. What is missing is a strong ruckman. Berger is the wrong age. Bellchambers too. Both are injury prone. McKernan is a support ruck. As is Stewart.
Grundy would be a wise move by us.
Yeah, you wouldn't get him for those picks even if the offer was $750k. This year is a KPP draft and we are desperately in need of KPP, and you want to take our best. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

It's a non issue though, because Brodie's not moving clubs.

Will rucks ever be worth $800k a year? Just don't see it as a position worth paying that sort of money for, unless you're blending it with elite midfielder productivity. Literal elite productivity.

Will rucks ever be worth $800k a year? Just don't see it as a position worth paying that sort of money for, unless you're blending it with elite midfielder productivity. Literal elite productivity.

Only if your name is Nic Natanui.

Jeff White received huge coin for 90s standards to transfer to Melbourne...Brad Ottens received decent coin & as mentioned Natanui is on a lot (1mill +).

Generally speaking, rucks aren't worth a lot of money. Grundy will likely be on 550-600k pa on his next deal. If a club were to try & entice him - they will need to add about 20% to his contract.

If they can play forward, they can be - rare beast at AFL level who can play through the ruck and be a genuine threat forward.

CBA is increasing and a dominant ruck can completely change your midfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back