Recommitted Brodie Grundy [re-signed until 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pretty baffled by all this nankervis love tbh. In round 1 he was crushed by Kreuzer who is only a middle of the road ruck imo and last week he was well beaten by Grundy. Yet we have Richmond supporters carrying on as if he's the next Dean Cox.

Other than random match clips, can anyone explain where all this optimism is coming from. He is acceptable around the ground but is a terrible tap ruck. The sort of player who might cost you a game when he comes up against one of the big boys like NicNat or Goldy imo.
I wouldnt say he was crushed by Kruzer.
Nanny kicked 2 goals on him.
He is getting midfielder stats. He had 21 touches (14 contested), 3 contested marks & 5 score involvements against you guys. All with 0 turn overs.

I wouldnt say he was crushed by Kruzer.
Nanny kicked 2 goals on him.
He is getting midfielder stats. He had 21 touches (14 contested), 3 contested marks & 5 score involvements against you guys. All with 0 turn overs.
Kreuzer had 7 more possessions, had 12 more hit outs, also kicked 2 goals and had almost 40 more dream team points. Kreutzer is a middle of the road ruckman who would be lucky to make the top 10 rucks in the comp. That Nankervis was so easily beaten has to be a huge concern.

As for the Collingwood game, Grundy beat him in pretty much every important statistical category.

Been outstanding this year, arguably the best ruck in the comp ATM (noted NikNat and Gawn are unavailable), plays a lot like Dean Cox IMO, almost like an extra midfielder, only knock on him is he isn't a contested marking threat ATM but I reckon he'll improve in that area over time.

Would hate to lose him.

Just out of interest if he did decide to go could we expect Lever and a DP in exchange?

We just can't afford to lose him... There're no reasonable up and coming rucks for us and we even traded Witts to make room for him. Absolute catastrophe to lose a 23 year old ruck in AA form especially when he's our only talent in this department.

Even if 2 top 12 picks were offered to us for grundy, can't see it being worth it for us.

We just can't afford to lose him... There're no reasonable up and coming rucks for us and we even traded Witts to make room for him. Absolute catastrophe to lose a 23 year old ruck in AA form especially when he's our only talent in this department.

Even if 2 top 12 picks were offered to us for grundy, can't see it being worth it for us.
i think the issue these days is the likely money he will be offered.
Once the chooses to go from there, it will be about getting the best possible deal.

Been outstanding this year, arguably the best ruck in the comp ATM (noted NikNat and Gawn are unavailable), plays a lot like Dean Cox IMO, almost like an extra midfielder, only knock on him is he isn't a contested marking threat ATM but I reckon he'll improve in that area over time.

Would hate to lose him.

Just out of interest if he did decide to go could we expect Lever and a DP in exchange?
i don't think Adelaide would be that interested unless he chose them
They have Jacobs plus O'Brien is tracking quite well to replace him.
But if Lever wanted to go to Vic, Grundy to Sloane, Crouch's and co would be formidable

i think the issue these days is the likely money he will be offered.
Once the chooses to go from there, it will be about getting the best possible deal.
Well during last year's B n F he had a pretty emotional speech (cried :O) about being grateful for everything the club has done for him, loyalty is there for sure.

As long as we offer a reasonable amount, maybe 80% of the market price, he will stay with us. I reckon that's about $800,000 x 0.8=$640,000.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i don't think Adelaide would be that interested unless he chose them
They have Jacobs plus O'Brien is tracking quite well to replace him.
But if Lever wanted to go to Vic, Grundy to Sloane, Crouch's and co would be formidable

Yeah true, not sure the Crows would be overly interested in a highly paid ruckman, they seem to be doing fine ATM with what they have.

Well during last year's B n F he had a pretty emotional speech (cried :O) about being grateful for everything the club has done for him, loyalty is there for sure.

As long as we offer a reasonable amount, maybe 80% of the market price, he will stay with us. I reckon that's about $800,000 x 0.8=$640,000.
He also said how much he missed his family iirc.

If you want to compare Grundy/Kreuzer/Martin to Nankervis, how about looking at how many games they've played?

Nankervis = 16
Grundy = 66
Kreuzer = 144
Martin = 118

I can't be ****ed looking at any further comparisons, but Nankervis at 16 games is mostly ahead of where Grundy was at 41 games.

Gut feel is grundy goes back to SA
We normally hear stuff over here if an SA player wants to come home and there is nothing about him.
I would say he re-signs at the Pies.
Port can't afford him and Adelaide don't need him, especially for what it would cost.
If our hand was forced due to Lever going then maybe, but that's it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back