Player Watch Brody Mihocek

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maggie5

Spec Moderator
AFL Club
Collingwood
Moderator #627
Funny you say that but with a list of 45 or so shouldn’t there be each year 15 to 20 players up for contract anyway?
With at least 8-10 changes per year (this year might be the exception), wouldn't it make more sense to stagger? Especially since we have at least 7 players on longer terms? Pendles, Treloar, Wells, Sidebottom, Howe, Wells, Mayne just at the top of my head.
Then there would be a 2 0r 3 on 1 year contracts.

Saintly Viewed

Richard Condon
AFL Club
Collingwood
With at least 8-10 changes per year (this year might be the exception), wouldn't it make more sense to stagger? Especially since we have at least 7 players on longer terms? Pendles, Treloar, Wells, Sidebottom, Howe, Wells, Mayne just at the top of my head.
Then there would be a 2 0r 3 on 1 year contracts.
You’re right ofcourse but the numbers say usually there’s s nice group that need that year to renew.
So we have angst.

jackcass

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
What's with all these 2 year extensions? 2020/21 is going to be very stressful again.

Glad he has re-signed anyway, is that all now?

I think it's the established better quality players who generally get signed to longer so maybe it says something about the evenness and relative youth of our core group that we're signing these bridging contracts for the emerging talent and short term stop gap contracts for the depth guys.

Maggie5

Spec Moderator
AFL Club
Collingwood
Moderator #630
I think it's the established better quality players who generally get signed to longer so maybe it says something about the evenness and relative youth of our core group that we're signing these bridging contracts for the emerging talent and short term stop gap contracts for the depth guys.
Yes I can see that but it concerns me that within the group we have players like Grundy, JDG, Moore (if stays fit and lives up to potential), Stepho, Sier, Maynard and maybe a couple of others due around that time. Anyway, I suppose they know better than me what they are doing. I hope!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eddiesmith

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England Cronulla
Big fan of Brody but he was very slow to get going tonight, came good but was costly early on. A big improvement in the latter stages though on last weeks effort.

Black_White

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thought he had a bad one last week, and actually was worried for him going forward.
We’ve had VFL players play a great season out two before, then disappear quickly.
But his game tonight was very good. First 22 game.

Top Bottom