Player Watch Brody Mihocek

Remove this Banner Ad

Love these stories of triumph over adversity. Strikes me as a Kris Pendlebury style undersized KPP. Hopefully he has a ripper 2018.

He’s about the same age and height as Schade and plays a similar position so he’s the replacement really. Schade did play 6 games in a row after debuting in round 1 though.

Interesting & compelling stuff. Great story & def looks like a footballer & not an athlete. Its also comforting to know that he's learned from one of the best defenders in the modern game.

Is still an indictment / interesting call for Keeffe and Schade to have both slid lower than a VFL player, 2 - 5 inches shorter than them, with seemingly less agility / pace / endurance.

Looks like attitude has gone to number 1 with a rocket as priorities for our recruiters & coaching staff.

If he can be a Dunn replacement for the future, I'll be v happy with that.

side by side & best of luck Brodes!

I reckon this a great selection and a great story.

I was watching the VFL final series last season and he seriously killed them. I was sitting there wondering how in the hell is this bloke not on an AFL list?

Good luck to him and it's well deserved.

Is still an indictment / interesting call for Keeffe and Schade to have both slid lower than a VFL player, 2 - 5 inches shorter than them, with seemingly less agility / pace / endurance.
Some just seem to have the ability to read the ball in flight, and the size/will to retain their place in the contest. Brian Lake (formerly Harris) was one such player, and he was about 191cm and not overly quick.

Interesting & compelling stuff. Great story & def looks like a footballer & not an athlete. Its also comforting to know that he's learned from one of the best defenders in the modern game.

Looks like attitude has gone to number 1 with a rocket as priorities for our recruiters & coaching staff.

If he can be a Dunn replacement for the future, I'll be v happy with that.

side by side & best of luck Brodes!
I think you will find both him and Dunn are both short term solutions.At the same time love the back story to this kid wish him all the best . However assuming next year we get Will Kelly and possibly another key position youngster in the super draft. along with Lynch, the odds ate staked against him , but stranger things have happened.

I think you will find both him and Dunn are both short term solutions.At the same time love the back story to this kid wish him all the best . However assuming next year we get Will Kelly and possibly another key position youngster in the super draft. along with Lynch, the odds ate staked against him , but stranger things have happened.

Even if its a stepping stone for him to move to another club in 2019 its a fantastic achievement to be finally at an AFL club. Hopefully he gives list managers and selectors something to think about in the coming season. Given hes a lot younger than Dunn (and Goldsack) there is definitely the opportunity to prove he is worthy of staying longer than a year, regardless of who we might be recruiting in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get that tweet. why should his emotion have anything to do with what the club/recruiters think? bizarre.

He shows some passion and the club think thats a good thing as hopefully it reflects in the way he plays. Its only a tweet for publicity.... hardly a scientific analysis or prediction of his future. .

In what way is it bizarre?

He shows some passion and the club think thats a good thing as hopefully it reflects in the way he plays. Its only a tweet for publicity.... hardly a scientific analysis or prediction of his future. .

In what way is it bizarre?

not saying his reaction is bizarre.

the club saying they take great heart from his emotion is bizarre. like they think he will grow a leg cause he is emotional. it ranks up there with people thinking players go harder for milestone games.

Maybe the club tweet should have told him to pull his head in

Or maybe they don’t comment at all?..

I also don’t see what’s so “bizarre” about TW’s reaction? I don’t share the POV, but drilling down on what he/ she has said and it isn’t wrong. Different strokes for different folks really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back