Fifty dollars for a t-shirt, that's just some ignorant b*tch sh*t
I call that getting swindled and pimped, sh*t
I call that getting tricked by a business, that shirt's hella dough
And having the same one as six other people in this club is a hella don't"
I bin schooled....
Cheers PS.
I'm a sucker for punishment
Alex Lahey gif here.

Can somebody explain to me my Checkers can't play 2nd ruck when Grundy needs a rest? He has a decent tank on him, good body work, and is strong, don't see why he can't pinch hit and just create a contest in the ruck for 10-15% of the game.

Happy for Cox to sit at full forward and have somebody else be the 2nd ruck, but Cameron does not deserve to stay in the team.

Can somebody explain to me my Checkers can't play 2nd ruck when Grundy needs a rest? He has a decent tank on him, good body work, and is strong, don't see why he can't pinch hit and just create a contest in the ruck for 10-15% of the game.

Happy for Cox to sit at full forward and have somebody else be the 2nd ruck, but Cameron does not deserve to stay in the team.
He's far too small, unless we're planning on copying Richmond with Grigg, and has never rucked at a high level. We have two forwards who have rucked at league level and a backup ruckman who has rucked at league level all ahead of Mihocek

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Small issue in the scheme of things at the club, but Mihocek seems to have developed a habit of turning his body in marking contests in order to turn his opponent inside out and play on quickly especially when on the wing. The problem is this causes him to be side on when the footy arrives, which makes it easier for his opponent to spoil.

I’d much prefer to see Mihocek lead straight towards the footy and worry about what he’s going to do next once the mark has been taken.

Small issue in the scheme of things at the club, but Mihocek seems to have developed a habit of turning his body in marking contests in order to turn his opponent inside out and play on quickly especially when on the wing. The problem is this causes him to be side on when the footy arrives, which makes it easier for his opponent to spoil.

I’d much prefer to see Mihocek lead straight towards the footy and worry about what he’s going to do next once the mark has been taken.
Not just Mihocek or marking situations. Our forwards are obsessed with working their man under the ball. Jordy, WHE, Ruscoe when he has played, Stepho previous two years. I think it's the main reason why our forward line sucks. They all just want to work their man under the ball and stream off towards goal. I've got no idea why the coaches haven't addressed it.

Not just Mihocek or marking situations. Our forwards are obsessed with working their man under the ball. Jordy, WHE, Ruscoe when he has played, Stepho previous two years. I think it's the main reason why our forward line sucks. They all just want to work their man under the ball and stream off towards goal. I've got no idea why the coaches haven't addressed it.
Yeah, thinking about it and you’re right. I’ve probably noticed it more with Mihocek because of his height. Cox is probably the exception. If the coaches haven’t addressed it it’s probably an instruction/tactic or at best miscommunication/confusion stemming from wanting to move the footy quickly.

Yes, I was disappointed by Grundy last night, out worked by a geriatric ruckman.
I hope he lifts or the club might have to do another 'Treloar' trade deal seasons end.

Edit
Wrong thread.

Last edited:
Just a small thing in the scheme of the sh*tshow of last night, if he'd nailed one/both of those two shots either side of half time, could have given us a bit more pep.

Can't question his commitment to the cause though, one of the best in that department of the current squad

Yeah, thinking about it and you’re right. I’ve probably noticed it more with Mihocek because of his height. Cox is probably the exception. If the coaches haven’t addressed it it’s probably an instruction/tactic or at best miscommunication/confusion stemming from wanting to move the footy quickly.

I think it's awful, but with our current set up it's probably the only way we can score. Our mids and small forwards all position themselves to cut off the outlets, so if a forward does attack the footy and get it, they have to do a u-turn because noone has gotten front and centre or is in position to run past for a handball.

I think it's awful, but with our current set up it's probably the only way we can score. Our mids and small forwards all position themselves to cut off the outlets, so if a forward does attack the footy and get it, they have to do a u-turn because noone has gotten front and centre or is in position to run past for a handball.
The other option of kicking long to open space is fraught with danger. We tried it once to the top of the 50 last night, fortunately our players got there first and it lead to a shot on goal. If they didn’t the loose giants would have galloped away through the centre square.

That’s what happens when you neglect to recruit key forwards and crumbers and load up on medium forwards.

Is it some kind of coaching directive? Because it seems to be more and more prevalent for our forwards. Madness if it is

Is it some kind of coaching directive? Because it seems to be more and more prevalent for our forwards. Madness if it is
I think it's because we leave our forwards too isolated, thus they have to do solo efforts. If they hit up at the footy, there's noone to dish off to as the mids and small forwards are hanging back defensively to block off the outlets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back