Player Watch Brody Mihocek

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if its a stepping stone for him to move to another club in 2019 its a fantastic achievement to be finally at an AFL club. Hopefully he gives list managers and selectors something to think about in the coming season. Given hes a lot younger than Dunn (and Goldsack) there is definitely the opportunity to prove he is worthy of staying longer than a year, regardless of who we might be recruiting in the future.
you make some great points all the best to the kid.We have nothing to loose as a club either.

He is definitely a chip of the old block, looks like his old man but is a bit taller

His old man was rough as guts and a dirty player but very talented, played for a team I hated here in Tas, Cooee Bulldogs, I was only a kid but hated him as well lol dirty bastard, Jack now runs a shop in town where i work selling mostly football stuff, I have talked him a few time , he seems ok now

Good luck to Brody though, hope he does well

He is definitely a chip of the old block, looks like his old man but is a bit taller

His old man was rough as guts and a dirty player but very talented, played for a team I hated here in Tas, Cooee Bulldogs, I was only a kid but hated him as well lol dirty bastard, Jack now runs a shop in town where i work selling mostly football stuff, I have talked him a few time , he seems ok now

Good luck to Brody though, hope he does well
I remember seeing a bit (on tv) of Brody's old man playing for Essendon back in the day. He would often come off the bench (from what I recall) and charge around making his presence felt. He was a real cult hero with the fans at Windy Hill and they loved it when he came on. He was not that tall but very strongly built (listed at 181cm/91kg). He obviously headed to Tasmania after his career at Essendon petered out.

I'm hoping young Brody does very well with us, it looks like a sensible move to recruit him.

Good example, he's even listed at only 190cm. So far I've seen Mihocek referred to as 191cm, 192cm and 193cm but if he can perform like Morris or Dunn (192cm) than that is plenty and wish him all the best.
Don't worry, in time he will grow a few more centimeters. I mean, just look at this recent photo of Jackson Paine...
images (1).jpeg

Watching his highlights the things I love about him are his marking ability and when he gets it he will normally look to always want to get the ball moving quickly with a release handball or something, which has clearly been an issue with us coming out of defence the past few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Borough fan here, absolutely wrapped for brody, terrific player, reads the game very well and is a fantastic mark, suprised he wasn’t taken last year after winning our b&f but great to see him get his chance now

given you watched him more closely than me, what do you think are his strengths and weaknesses? Any current player he is similar to?

Interesting & compelling stuff. Great story & def looks like a footballer & not an athlete. Its also comforting to know that he's learned from one of the best defenders in the modern gam

Is still an indictment / interesting call for Keeffe and Schade to have both slid lower than a VFL player, 2 - 5 inches shorter than them, with seemingly less agility / pace / endurance.

Looks like attitude has gone to number 1 with a rocket as priorities for our recruiters & coaching staff.

If he can be a Dunn replacement for the future, I'll be v happy with that.

side by side & best of luck Brodes!

more likely then not he will be a stop gap player for 3 or 4 years. i love his back story i hope he becomes a sensational player for us and plays 6 years of sensational regular football for us.
I think the most likely outcome, he will play second fiddle to both Goldsack, Dunn and hopefully for our sake McCalty also plays seniors not sure if i spelled his name properly. But with Goldsack and Dunn possibly retiring in the next year or two, Even if we get Lynch and one or two key position prospects in the super draft I would suspect he will be at our club for 3 or 4 years as back up playing regular reserves football possibly playing 5 or 6 senior games a year due to poor form or injuries.
the only way i see us getting delisting him next year or after 2 years, is if we pick up delisted free agents in the next couple of years that would replace Goldsack or Dunn. Thats not including if we pick up Lynch from the Suns.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back