Player Watch Brody Mihocek

Remove this Banner Ad

Brody Mihocek (Port Melbourne, 23, 192cm, 97kg): Collingwood and GWS are rumoured to be interested in the ex-Tasmanian and the son of 13-game Essendon player Jack. Key backman Mihocek had two seasons with Werribee, crossed to Port Melbourne this year and won the best and fairest, his marking a feature of his game. Captain Toby Pinwill was even moved to compare him to legendary Borough defender Sam Pleming. Mihocek more than held his own when standing Travis Cloke late in the season, but he also showed he could play as a forward.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...l/news-story/57290b5a4d1bff2f61ebab8a47c2e19c

Two Brodie's are better than one.

Welcome Brodie

Wow.....another defender. I had him as a chance to us and been a bit around as well. Has been very good at VFL level but the question I reckon with him is does he have the speed at AFL level. Always been the knock on him. Saw a lot of him as a junior and he was very highly regarded and considered a 'sure thing' the year he was draft age but obviously missed out. Ayres been spruiking him ever since been at Port so he will be rapt.

BRODY MIHOCEK
PORT MELBOURNE / KEY DEFENDER / 191cm

Quality VFL defender who has been in outstanding form for some time and been involved at state level with great success. Knock has been his pace but his results against quality players has been really terrific and would be a handy back up key defender for a side. Reckon could land at Hawks or Pies as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow.....another defender. I had him as a chance to us and been a bit around as well. Has been very good at VFL level but the question I reckon with him is does he have the speed at AFL level. Always been the knock on him. Saw a lot of him as a junior and he was very highly regarded and considered a 'sure thing' the year he was draft age but obviously missed out. Ayres been spruiking him ever since been at Port so he will be rapt.

BRODY MIHOCEK
PORT MELBOURNE / KEY DEFENDER / 191cm

Quality VFL defender who has been in outstanding form for some time and been involved at state level with great success. Knock has been his pace but his results against quality players has been really terrific and would be a handy back up key defender for a side. Reckon could land at Hawks or Pies as well.
How his strength and kicking?

Can he be a Dunn replacement given they both lack height (for a key defender) and pace or does he have a completely different play style?

I think it makes more sense to delist Schade and take a shot on a guy like this than to persist with a guy that we had already had a look at, and decided wasn't really what we wanted.

Brings us back to healthy level of cover for the backline, at least.
Much more competitve. Lacks a yard of pace, but should be a decent back up at least.

Brody MIHOCEK
2017 VFL (Port Melbourne)

Totals
  • 13 games
  • 2 goals
  • 2 behinds
  • 5 times in best players list

Averages
  • 11.2 kicks
  • 6.6 handballs
  • 17.8 disposals
  • 7.5 marks