Player Watch Brody Mihocek

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Kicked 29.18 in 16 games. That's a 40 goal season over 22 games, as he gets more games under his belt that could go higher and he turns 26 in February. Great pick up.

Fantastic year and that's a great return. Should only get better with a preseason of actually training as a forward.

It's an interesting forward dynamic given we have all of Cox, JDG and Mihocek playing more as what you'd consider 3rd tall forwards rather than KPF. Certainly makes it unpredictable. I think longer term JDG will spend more time in the midfield and we'll add a genuine KPF allowing both Cox and Mihocek to continue in that 3rd tall style.

Mudeo

Club Legend
Apr 30, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Brodys work rate is outstanding. He chases hard all game and works hard to get to the right spots. He certainly has the ticker for AFL football.

A couple of games ago the commentators mentioned that he gets the best out of his himself but I think he has a lot more to offer. If he stays injury free and has multiple pre seasons and retains his spot I believe he can become a real star in whatever position.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

domin8tors

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Fantastic year and that's a great return. Should only get better with a preseason of actually training as a forward.

It's an interesting forward dynamic given we have all of Cox, JDG and Mihocek playing more as what you'd consider 3rd tall forwards rather than KPF. Certainly makes it unpredictable. I think longer term JDG will spend more time in the midfield and we'll add a genuine KPF allowing both Cox and Mihocek to continue in that 3rd tall style.
JDG shows all the attributes of / as a key forward and is the same height as Lockett , Dunstall and Ablett snr. I honestly believe we should rethink our draft strategy since we missed lynch play JDG forward and with Pendles getting on make a play for Gaff

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.

Crazy Tails

Premiership Player
Nov 30, 2006
Collingwood Heartland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Is there any other teams?

Fantastic video clip.

Such a great first year at AFL for big bruiser Brody. Provided a competitive, hard working foil for us inside forward 50. His tackling and pressure excellent too for a big bloke.

Had his colours lowered when up against McGovern a couple of times but will hopefully learn from that.

Who would ever have thought a dual VFL team of the year backman would kick 29 goals in a team that made the grand final.

Still unsigned; hoping that it's just a case of sorting out a few other things first.

Well done on a great 2018 in Black and White Brody.

Last edited:

Crazy Tails

Premiership Player
Nov 30, 2006
Collingwood Heartland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Is there any other teams?

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nice to have 2 brody

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
My misses alerted me to Brods signing on from a post on FB...She said to me , who is Brody Mihe utensil? He’s just signed a two year contract. Oh lord.....:D
Rapt he’s extended.

Pun intended?

I think longer term JDG will spend more time in the midfield and we'll add a genuine KPF allowing both Cox and Mihocek to continue in that 3rd tall style.
I predict cox will take more contested marks than anyone else in the league next year and JDG will win the Coleman, as a consequence, you'll stop thinking of them as third talls.

Back