Player Watch Brody Mihocek

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Big fan of Brody but he was very slow to get going tonight, came good but was costly early on. A big improvement in the latter stages though on last weeks effort.

Que?

I haven't watched a replay yet but by my recollection he had 2 of his 5 contested marks inside the 1st 5 minutes. If that's a slow start I'll take it every week.

Yep, love what he's bringing - has good hands, kicks well, has the body and height to win ball and impact contests, and one thing that isn't often noted is he's relatively fast for a big fella. That forward entry where he burnt off a player (Cotchin?) to mark and bounce and pop it through from 10m out really brought it home to me how speedy he can be too.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Que?

I haven't watched a replay yet but by my recollection he had 2 of his 5 contested marks inside the 1st 5 minutes. If that's a slow start I'll take it every week.

By slow I meant to have a positive impact, he had a couple of big clangers early on and was more detrimental to the team

DuckToaster

Maynards #1 fan
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
BH5bOKB.gif

t7JsA84.gif

a1UhMvC.gif

mh55q1d.gif

Great hands just so strong and love the second efforts.

Couldn't believe people suggested this bloke would be dropped for Reid.

I said to a mate last night after Checkers tackled Vlastan on the wing that no way Reid could do that.

May 12, 2014
FNQ
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
Once again quality game against a quality opposition. Can hold his head high after last night's performance, fantastic list management!

Mihocek 13 pos, 9 marks and a goal.

Robroy22

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
Jindabyne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Central Broken Hill (Magpies)
Checkers did ok again. I think we need to pick a third tall against the Eagles though. Reid to Barrass, Checkers for McGovern, Cox to play out of the goall square with De Goey and two swoopers (Thomas and Varcoe)or maybe even Sidey? WHE and Billy on the bench to start with and we might just cause a few headaches.
Gotta find a spot to rest Pendles against the Eagles. We're too one paced in the middle against the Eagles. Put him forward when he needs a spell? Stevo on Petricelli?

Checkers did ok again. I think we need to pick a third tall against the Eagles though. Reid to Barrass, Checkers for McGovern, Cox to play out of the goall square with De Goey and two swoopers (Thomas and Varcoe)or maybe even Sidey? WHE and Billy on the bench to start with and we might just cause a few headaches.
Gotta find a spot to rest Pendles against the Eagles. We're too one paced in the middle against the Eagles. Put him forward when he needs a spell? Stevo on Petricelli?

I thought the forward line was fine. I don't think we would have won that with Daicos, Ablett and Lockett up there. They just keep smashing us in the midfield and then locking it into our forward half. In terms of the midfield, I think it's a set up issue more than anything. Although I agree that Pendles has to come out of the centre square. It's time for the wing. The issue is that there is a log jam for blokes who need to play on the wing. In terms of the defensive half, I don't think adding Roughhead is a good move. When all was said and done, they didn't beat us in the air in the grand final. They beat us by locking the ball in. Roughhead rather than a runner exacerbates the issue. Quaynor is the ideal player type, but I've got no idea if he's good enough yet.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
I think the extra tall up forward should be Moore so we don’t lose too much athleticism.

rand corp

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
asia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Just had too many guys beaten by their opposite number yesterday and in saying that, a couple of our blokes had really dirty days.

I thought for 3 quarters Mihocek was our most competitive forward

Last edited:

domin8tors

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I thought the forward line was fine. I don't think we would have won that with Daicos, Ablett and Lockett up there. They just keep smashing us in the midfield and then locking it into our forward half. In terms of the midfield, I think it's a set up issue more than anything. Although I agree that Pendles has to come out of the centre square. It's time for the wing. The issue is that there is a log jam for blokes who need to play on the wing. In terms of the defensive half, I don't think adding Roughhead is a good move. When all was said and done, they didn't beat us in the air in the grand final. They beat us by locking the ball in. Roughhead rather than a runner exacerbates the issue. Quaynor is the ideal player type, but I've got no idea if he's good enough yet.
i tend to agree. i don't think our forwards were given much chance with the slow ball movement after quarter time. we seemed to lack a bit of drive. Cirsp has an off day. and i don't think we use Maynard kicking to our advantage he appears to get most his kicks tied up in the back pocket. i'd love to see him a little higher up and penetrate the guts a bit more.

Back