Player Watch Brody Mihocek

Remove this Banner Ad

Does that mean we get a 60 m penalty at start of game next time we play the dogs ,seeing as how it was such a s**t decision

We had one earlier (or later?) that gave us a goal. The commentators had the length wrong too. They assumed the grass was cut at 10m lengths and judged the distance off that. But its 9m. Both 50s were about 55m so not too bad. I wasn't too upset about the 50m, I thought it was there, that report though.

I thought Brody had a nearly game against the Doggies. He got to a lot of contests and nearly took the mark or kicked the goal but didn't quite have the finished product. Lacked cleanliness. Very unlike him.

I thought Brody had a nearly game against the Doggies. He got to a lot of contests and nearly took the mark or kicked the goal but didn't quite have the finished product. Lacked cleanliness. Very unlike him.
Agree. He usually protects the ball drop really well, but his timing was out. He kept on releasing too early, thus getting to the ball drop too soon and giving his opponent an easy spoil.

I wasn't the only fan demonstrating hands out in front to Brody when he got spoiled trying to take a chest mark on the boundary in the last quarter haha.

That report was absolutely ridiculous. Why we still need umpires reports in this modern age is beyond me. If anyone can offer me a reasonable explanation I'd greatly appreciate it.

Have a look at our two big wins v Richmond and Brisbane, and look who was at the forefront of them both.

Checkers v Tigers -
20 disposals, 2 goals 1, 12 marks, 9 score involvements and 10 inside 50’s.

Checkers v Lions -
18 disposals, 4 goals 2, 8 marks, 12 score involvements and 3 inside 50’s.

Talk about barometer, look how high the bloke pushed up the ground last night, inside 50’s were slightly down but he was setting up the play from the wing with beautiful kicking back to the corridor. The score involvement stat would have to rank elite.

When he’s on, we’re on. Absolute draft steal.

Really has earn this place in the team.

Talk about taking an opportunity for senior footy.

(Nobody will say this, so I will, we should thank Gary Ayres as well. He really taught him well and instilled discipline play.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He copped a corkie from Jordy last night in the 1st qtr but ran the game out well finished good as he usually does and his field kicking was very high standard he did get get caught holding the ball in the 1st qtr but he was good right through the match and he works hard and is unselfish and brings others in.One of our best pickups in recent years we really nailed this one.

Called it when i saw it in the Coburg game 12 months ago. Mihocek just innately knows a forwards craft. Stuff he wasn't taught as a defender at Port Melb. Stuff he wasn't taught when he first arrived at the Pies. There are players who train as a forward for years and struggle to run in the patterns he consistently does

Very very lucky to get another chance at him in 2017 after we passed on him in late 2016 in favour of Schade.

Just love the way he goes about his business, hard, tough, unobtrusive an old fashioned footballer but, he also runs all day and works hard for his team mates, which is a part of his game that is a little over looked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back