Player Watch Brody Mihocek

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn’t mind blowing every opportunity he gets. Has been a real momentum killer this season.
Would take someone creating the opportunities over someone pedestrian doing * all like WHE or Thomas.

Burnt us today but he’s still comfortably best 22. Always creates a contest.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Missed some, happens.

He likely bounces back well.

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
Did a lot of good things today and should have nailed 3 goals. Needs to sort out his yips. One of our better players
I love Brody but I have seen some worrying signs in recent weeks. His kicking for goal is definitely off the boil as is his decision making. He keeps putting pressure on himself by not getting back quickly on the mark before he decides to hand pass or kick. At one stage today all he had to do was kick long to the hot spot and he dithered and fiddled before being called to play on and promptly kicked it on the full. His greatest strength has been keeping it simple and playing to his strengths. Take a deep breath, Brody.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Crazy how so many people overreact
That’s BF for you.

Sometimes it’s easier to lie low and let it all wash over.

There will be another game next week.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Would take someone creating the opportunities over someone pedestrian doing **** all like WHE or Thomas.

That was WHE's best game for the year. Building nicely after knee surgery just before the season started. Thomas is just paddling but like Mihocek if he nails the kicks on goals that he hasnt been nailing then hes done his job.

Would take someone creating the opportunities over someone pedestrian doing **** all like WHE or Thomas.

WHE had his best game in 2019 yesterday so that's a bit harsh. I agree that Thomas is skating on thin ice.

As for Checkers, we can't isolate his bloopers and judge his entire contribution on those. I'd have him picked in our best 22 as he will always provide a contest in the forward line and is outstanding at ground level for a guy of his size. He needs to get his sh*t together with his finish tho, and that's mostly between the ears.

He is Chris Dawes MkII.

Can't hold on to a mark to ******* save himself.
His marking? I’m staggered that even entered someone’s mind given what’s been going on from the foot end of Brody’s body.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
His marking? I’m staggered that even entered someone’s mind given what’s been going on from the foot end of Brody’s body.
The use by foot is a disease that many in the Black & White currently deal with.

His marking though, urgh, gets his hands to oh-so-many balls in the air and drops them consistently. Its infuriating.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
The use by foot is a disease that many in the Black & White currently deal with.

His marking though, urgh, gets his hands to oh-so-many balls in the air and drops them consistently. Its infuriating.

Really. Ranked 27th league wide for marks per game average, highest of any Collingwood player, had 9 yesterday, = 3rd highest for the game.

swoop42

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
The 18
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mihocek did drop one mark that he absolutely should have taken late in the last quarter yesterday and I can understand the perception that he drops to many but I kind of feel that it has been more a case of a smallish key forward nearly hanging on to some difficult marking opportunities than being a poor mark.

I call them almost games and once again what could have been a match winning performance turned into a game of missed opportunity.

Mihocek is still winning plenty of ball and generating opportunities he just needs to move past the yips in front of goal and for his luck to turn on the marking attempts.

He's almost there. Keep the faith.

rand corp

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
asia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Got plenty of it against Freo but made a lot of uncustomary errors with disposal and decision making. Not one of his better games but far from our worst out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back