Player Watch Brody Mihocek

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
His performances are always far better when you view the replay because you notice all of the attacking plays that he has key involvements in. He's so smart and so instinctive, and also very selfless. I said in the trade thread that we need to go shopping for key forwards in order to make Mihocek the third tall because he does his best stuff at half-forward and in the pocket.

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
His performances are always far better when you view the replay because you notice all of the attacking plays that he has key involvements in. He's so smart and so instinctive, and also very selfless. I said in the trade thread that we need to go shopping for key forwards in order to make Mihocek the third tall because he does his best stuff at half-forward and in the pocket.
Yep, the stuff he does off the ball is in many ways better than the stuff he does with the ball.
He always puts his body on the line to give others a better run at the ball and his blocking is pretty much perfect

surfer1

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2006
coogee
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
parramatta
I think he will get a little better from here but I think he is close to his ceiling. He has been a very handy pick up but needs a key forward to play alongside. Good hands, good at ground level and a reliable kick, we got a very handy player in Checkers.
Yep if this is his ceiling will take it every day of the week

10 votes every week and I'll be a happy camper.
Has been consistently outstanding since his first match.

I give Brody 10 Anvils.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
if only Coxy was as good a contested mark as this bloke.

Recruiters cop a lot of stick for making mistakes, but kudos where kudos is due in this respect.

On pure numbers, he's currently better. Oddly enough though, Mirocek's 1st 2 seasons mirror Cox's, 1.4 CMPG, 1.6 CMPG... Cox is north of 2.0 CMPG season's 3 & 4.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
And goes strong at the ball.

Good old fashioned tough footy player.

A real gem for us.

Scritchyscroony

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United FC
Commentators keep referring to him as "a good honest footballer, an old fashioned footballer" . It's as if because he was an overlooked vfl player it's impossible to admit that he is a very good and above average AFL footballer. He has been a phenomenal get for us. Hate think where we'd be without him tbh.

Chameleon75

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Commentators keep referring to him as "a good honest footballer, an old fashioned footballer" . It's as if because he was an overlooked vfl player it's impossible to admit that he is a very good and above average AFL footballer. He has been a phenomenal get for us. Hate think where we'd be without him tbh.

He’s probably my favourite player now. He’s better than good ordinary, stats wise he’s not far off darling. He works hard presents up the ground but drops back to impact the scoreboard. Is smart too does a lot of little things to help his teammates, go back and watch some of Elliot’s marks and you’ll notice they’re on the back of subtle blocks mihocek has put on.

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
He’s probably my favourite player now. He’s better than good ordinary, stats wise he’s not far off darling. He works hard presents up the ground but drops back to impact the scoreboard. Is smart too does a lot of little things to help his teammates, go back and watch some of Elliot’s marks and you’ll notice they’re on the back of subtle blocks mihocek has put on.
Was about to say the same thing

He’s a gem. Mouthy Bomber supporter behind me was p’d off that they couldn’t curb his influence. His comment that Checkers was the ‘most underrated footballer in the comp’ was the only comment he got right all night.:)

Chameleon75

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
He’s a gem. Mouthy Bomber supporter behind me was p’d off that they couldn’t curb his influence. His comment that Checkers was the ‘most underrated footballer in the comp’ was the only comment he got right all night.:)

He’s a real blue collar type, works hard not flashy, probably why he flys under the radar.

He gets hammered in contests and never complains, Swan like in that regard, pick yourself up forget about it and move on to the next contest.

Back