Broken Record Dept - Great Western looking good for 2003

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I say this every year, but here we go again :

The Great are on-song for an improved season, with a great new coach from up Bendigo-way, along with a sublime talent injection from that region (coach-groupies, of course). Can't remember any names as I was drinking when I learnt this.

And with local superstar D Hurley returning to the Demons-come-Lions, they must be potential finalists next year.

Kev, coming from a long line of football administrators (my grandad, my dad (for Mernda) and I (2003 committee member for the Murchison FNC), it's that time of year when you hear rumours about which clubs have signed this player, or clubs that are in the running to get this bloke for next year, and I can tell you in all honesty that this talk is a lot of smoke and mirrors.

It would be good if Great Western do better in 2003, but it's more than likely that they'll finish at the foot of the ladder.

Take Murchison for example, I reckon that we've had a chat to around 50 players so far (including tales of getting 5-6 from Shepparton East and Tatura, and a heap of Under 18's from Mooroopna), and out of those players you'll be lucky to recruit 4-5 players, although it's good to widen the net, but the strike rate here's pretty low.

But in any case, I KNOW THAT THE GRASSHOPPERS (MURCHISON) ARE GOING TO DO BETTER IN 2003, BECAUSE WE'VE GOT SOME MONEY TO RECRUIT PLAYERS, and with me on the team, I know that it's going to go well.

Would you pay the rumours as a chance if it was the club president, the club president's wife, and the club president's mother-in-law who confrmed them for me? :D

(coach and Mr Hurley confirmed, other players coming with coach I didn't hear much about. Improvement likelihood - obviously - speculation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back