TV Brooklyn Nine-Nine

TassieEagle

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
Thread starter #1
A new US comedy airing on Fox starting Sept. 17.

Stars Andy Samberg, Andre Braugher and Terry Crews amongst others as members of police squad, as the put it "Law and Order without the order". Just watched the trailer for it and seems quite funny but seems like one of those shows you are gonna love or hate. Interested to see if anyone else has heard of it.

No Australian network has picked this up AFAIK but someone may know more than me about that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

indy nile

Club Legend
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens
Its created by Mike Schur, one of the blokes behind parks and recreation, so I'm hoping its as good as that is

UpForGrabs

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Was a pretty decent pilot episode.

But then again, all shows are made 20 x better by a randomly weird Fred Armisen cameo.

alfy!

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
I enjoyed it, has big potential.

But then again, all shows are made 20 x better by a randomly weird Fred Armisen cameo.
That was hilarious.

It wasn't that good I have to say. I can see this one getting axed pretty quickly.
Getting pretty great reviews all over the board, even with pilot episodes being traditionally terrible for comedies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

indy nile

Club Legend
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens
The pilot is usually the low point of a comedy's first season, and I quite liked this episode, so I'm looking forward to watching more

CF

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Aussie Swim Team,
Is it funny yet cos I haven't even laughed once in the first 2 eps. Maybe someone else out there finds this funny? That's why I ask. But seriously this show is going to bomb.

Underdog

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Just watched episode 1 - I liked it. Not a lot of out loud laughs but it was relatively entertaining nevertheless.

Edit: just watched episode 2. Had some laughs. Digging this.

Not a fan of the administrator character though.

CF

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Aussie Swim Team,
There was actually a couple of laughs in this weeks ep. :eek: Any show that calls itself a comedy then takes 3 episodes to produce some LOL moments is not going too well.

alfy!

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
There was actually a couple of laughs in this weeks ep. :eek: Any show that calls itself a comedy then takes 3 episodes to produce some LOL moments is not going too well.
Unfortunately sometimes that's what happens with comedies. While I enjoyed the first couple of eps (unlike you), something like P&R took till its second season to get consistent laughs.

The only issue I have with this show at this point is that the characters are too similar to their P&R counterparts.

JUBJUB

TheBrownDog
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
I totally understood the frustration Terry Crews character had building that dollhouse.Did that many years ago as a christmas present for my niece.Will NEVER do it again.

Underdog

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
I don't think that's fair. I've got laughs out of all the episodes which is more than I can say I got when I watched The Office.

Additionally, Chuck made it to 5 seasons with relatively minimal laughs. A show doesn't need to be hilarious, it just needs to be entertaining. You don't find this entertaining, fair enough, some do.

Top Bottom