TV Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Danger in Texas

DID I STUTTER?
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, East Side, Knights
Seeing the Hitchcock/Scully backstory was great

They really add so much to the show, they’re picked on but it feels better than Toby and Jerry/Garry/Larry, because they’re comfortable enough in their skin that it provides a great dynamic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tazaa

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool
I binged the first five series in weeks
This one ep a week shit doesn’t meet my expectations and have been left wanting more each time

Jatz

AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Moderator #978
Just caught up on that episode. Didn’t care for the other storyline but the Hitchcock and Scully one was brilliant haha.

Danger in Texas

DID I STUTTER?
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Yeah the 2nd storyline was pretty much overshadowed, although the microwave blowing up was pretty funny

Anyone feel, now that the upstairs and downstairs people are together, that one of Amy’s downstairs people is going to become a main character once Chelsea Peretti leaves? Something similar to Craig Middlebrooks from Parks and Rec

Danger in Texas

DID I STUTTER?
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Good ep, liked the storylines a lot. Her character’s probably the most inconsistent for mine in terms of likeability, but Gina’s gonna be missed nonetheless

Just read that Doug Judy is back in episode 5, which is good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tazaa

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool
How is everyone finding the current season?

Im not loving it like previously but perhaps thats due to me binging the first 5 seasons in a week?
Watching episodes back to back gathers momentum so Im not just receiving a 20 minute fix.

I have been urging anyone who hasnt seen the first few to wait until seasons end. I dont know. Maybe with Gina leaving theyre still finding their feet.

Forward Press

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd
How is everyone finding the current season?

Im not loving it like previously but perhaps thats due to me binging the first 5 seasons in a week?
Watching episodes back to back gathers momentum so Im not just receiving a 20 minute fix.

I have been urging anyone who hasnt seen the first few to wait until seasons end. I dont know. Maybe with Gina leaving theyre still finding their feet.
I find it good so far. Not perfect but a lot of jokes hit their mark. First two episodes are brilliant.

I do agree that a binge watch is better but hard to resist the temptation. Rewatching season 5 all at once in Netflix for example is better than watching them one at a time.

RobbyRoy

Premiership Player
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
I've got quite a bit on at the moment so I think I'm going to be able to hold off for a while and binge. Maybe not the entire season but I'll give it a head start. Glad to hear it's still delivering.

tazaa

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool
I find it good so far. Not perfect but a lot of jokes hit their mark. First two episodes are brilliant.

I do agree that a binge watch is better but hard to resist the temptation. Rewatching season 5 all at once in Netflix for example is better than watching them one at a time.
Yep a 20 minute fix doesnt hit the spot as per usual. I might wait till mid season break and binge them on SBS

GreyWind

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Holt trash talking is probably one of the best scenes they've come up with. Anyone else noticed a slight change in the writing now they are back on NBC?

Danger in Texas

DID I STUTTER?
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
It’s definitely less PC, more in line with Parks and the Office. It works, thankfully. I’d say the Holt trash talking scene was one of, if not the best scene of the season so far

I thought eps 1, 2 and 4 were brilliant. Ep 3 was also very good, but isn’t a classic like the other three (which isn’t a bad thing, you have to have a mixture)

Fwoy

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
I love Doug Judy :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Doug:Are you checking out Trudy Judy’s Booty?
Jake: i am not checking out Trudy Judy’s Booty
Doug: You don’t think she’s a cutie? Why so snooty?
Jake: she is a cutie, but I’m on duty.
Terry: ...and married
Jake: yeah, but that doesn’t rhyme

Doug: Doug Judy doesn’t use fire
Jake: That’s right, he’s like The Hound
Doug: I am like The Hound...and you’re my Arya

Last edited:
Top Bottom