FTA-TV Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be the first to comment that the new episode is on the level of Moo Moo and Show Me Going in that it tackles a very serious issue in the typical B99 way. Some won't like it but I personally very much enjoyed it, and Santiago's speech explains so much about who she is about and her motivations.

I'll be the first to comment that the new episode is on the level of Moo Moo and Show Me Going in that it tackles a very serious issue in the typical B99 way. Some won't like it but I personally very much enjoyed it, and Santiago's speech explains so much about who she is about and her motivations.

They presented a real issue, with tact and empathy.... they do this very well.

Yeah that was well handled, didn't stray too far into lecturing and preachiness.

Did lol at Hitchcock being given the episode off.

The Holt side story was a ripper too, a great lighthearted counterbalance.

Liked that as a serious episode. Think the part about Amy’s history really hit home, and Jake’s understanding of the subject (and willingness to try to understand further) was great to watch. I’d put it on the same level as Show Me Going, with Moo Moo a rung below

Loved the secondary plot line too, one of the stronger ones of the season. S6 is turning out to be great so far

Yeah, another example of a serious topic being handled in a really good way by the show. Very well done all round, the scene about Amy’s backstory was well done.

Did lol at Hitchcock being given the episode off.

The Holt side story was a ripper too, a great lighthearted counterbalance.
Agreed on both, and Hitchcock being given the episode off got even better with Scully’s reaction to being by himself.

Apparently Stephanie Beatriz (Rosa) directed the episode.

Personally I felt it got a little too obvious and a little too close to preachy for me to put it alongside Show Me Going (the active shooter episode where the 99 thinks Rosa might die). I probably does belong with Moo Moo (the episode that addressed the interaction between police and the black community) as a well done episode that addresses a serious social issue though. It definitely needed the silly counter of the B story, and Holt was brilliant as usual

The first Boyle-centric episode this season and a good one. I know it was supposed to be the B-plot but Boyle's scheme stole the episode. Straight Holt is also always good for many laughs.

"Of course you're a cop! You keep talking about how nefarious you are!"

Yeah I was a little underwhelmed by the A plot, didn’t make as much use of someone of LMM’s calibre as I would have hoped

B plot was great though, Charles back to his best

Both plots are so good, all the characters are true to form as well. The benefit of having over 100 episodes of character development means you have a good idea how it plays out but the interactions make it all worthwhile.

"Do you even have a mutilated penis?"

"...no. It's perfect :("

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holt and Amy I thought were a bit caricature-like in that episode, their character development was overplayed a bit too much

Loved the A plot though, have missed the Jake/Boyle storylines

Holt and Amy I thought were a bit caricature-like in that episode, their character development was overplayed a bit too much

Loved the A plot though, have missed the Jake/Boyle storylines

If there was one thing they would geek out heavily on, though, it would be a world renowned forensic scientist who was already established as a police celebrity from a couple of previous episodes. I do agree it was a bit overplayed.

'The Stakeout' from Season 2 has to be one of the greatest episodes

The things that Jake writes on the No-No list are just pure Boyle and so so funny

'No male kegels'

'No sassy uh uh uhs'

'No female style towels'

'No oversalting!'

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

This season has been pretty strong, but watching a few episodes in a row the last few days, I've noticed that the pairings have been a lot too similar from episode to episode, most likely because there has been more of a focus on Jake & Amy's relationship and possibly from Gina not being around.

Also, was great to see Ivan from Eastbound & Down guest-starring as Nicolaj's birth father. Probably my favourite episode of the season so far.

I still like the show (a lot), but it is becoming a parody of itself...
See where you’re coming from, but it’s still funny enough. Think they need more police work-based eps, for example today’s episode I enjoyed quite a lot. It highlights the character growth of Holt and Jake over the six seasons really well

Good cold open, too, a genuine one unlike most of them this season (would argue the only other genuine cold open was the coffee one)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back