FTA-TV Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Rewatched the first few episodes, reminds me just how good some of the writing is.

"I ate children Jake. Weak defenceless children".

I'd love if they could somehow bring Tim Meadows' character back for a guest appearance, Doug Judy-style.

Dec 12, 2007
The North
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Chelsea Peretti (Gina) announced on twitter that she’ll be leaving the 99 during season 6.
I thought it was more leaving as a permanent cast member and having occasional guest appearances. Well that was the way I read it.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
The interesting thing will be if they get a replacement or not

This stinks of Rashida Jones and Rob Lowe leaving Parks and Rec, I reckon B99’s only going to get 2 seasons on NBC sadly

Jul 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons/Winnipeg Jets
I know some will hate me for this but I prefer Gina in small doses. Last two seasons have been working quite well without her.
I agree, she also works best 1 on 1 with certain characters, her character thrives with Jake, Holt and Terry.

Dec 12, 2007
The North
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
The interesting thing will be if they get a replacement or not

This stinks of Rashida Jones and Rob Lowe leaving Parks and Rec, I reckon B99’s only going to get 2 seasons on NBC sadly
As much as I love the show and I constantly binge watch it on Netflix, I wouldn't be unhappy with only 2 more seasons. I'd hate for the show to enter that stage where it becomes a shadow of it's current glory.

I do agree that Gina is better in smaller doses, same with Pimento.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
In the minority here, but I really like Gina and Pimento. His unhingedness is very funny to me.

The writing for Gina has been patchy over the course of the show. When they focused on the job apathy and unconventional methods for success it was hilarious, but some of the stuff with her and Amy & Charles, especially in season one was just mean and not funny at all.

Pimento is fine in small arcs.

Gina was fine in small doses. Pimento was funny but got old quick (bar the cocaine scene that was great) But * me dead the new season should be great!

Dec 12, 2007
The North
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Gina was fine in small doses. Pimento was funny but got old quick (bar the cocaine scene that was great) But **** me dead the new season should be great!
I did really enjoy his I don't kill kids but that is negotiable if the kid's a dick line and that brief snapshot of him just screaming playing hopscotch.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Gina was fine in small doses. Pimento was funny but got old quick (bar the cocaine scene that was great) But **** me dead the new season should be great!

Gina got funnier as the series went on IMO. She has great comedic timing and I found her sarcastic remarks hilarious more often than not

The Holt soundboard on her phone is probably one of the funniest things the show has ever done

In the minority here, but I really like Gina and Pimento. His unhingedness is very funny to me.
I like them, but Pimento particularly is best in small doses given that there isn’t normally that much in the way of variety in his scenes

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
I like them, but Pimento particularly is best in small doses given that there isn’t normally that much in the way of variety in his scenes

That's the thing, the unexpected craziness to where he turns up or his abnormal reactions to situations as to what a normal person would have, there's no real limit to these things

I think the writers did well on making him funny crazy rather than eye rolling crazy

Back