Injury Brown -- Now say 4-5 weeks out (BS loading not included)

Remove this Banner Ad

As reported by John Ralph on Fox Footy.

They could wait a few weeks and see how it goes but most likely surgery this week and possible round 14 return after factoring in the byes etc.

I feel for the guy.

Last edited:

They won't promote anyone until they need them, which is a good thing for competition amongst the rookies.

How many do we have? Is it 4?

Martin, Yags, Mooney and Gault?

Book him in for surgery and get it done then.

Round 14 return there's still plenty of footy to be played plus finals if we get there.

The whips will start to be cracking by then and we will need Browny. Don't waste any time piss farting around and "wait and see" only to book him in for surgery a month down the track.

I dare say Gault may be upgraded.

What other KPD do we have? Not many. Langdon? Oxley? Scharenberg? No where near KPD's but may be asked to play regardless, if another injury or suspension occurs.

What other KPD do we have? Not many. Langdon? Oxley? Scharenberg? No where near KPD's but may be asked to play regardless, if another injury or suspension occurs.

Gault is a long way off as he is injured and not played a game this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Upgrade a guy who also has his own LTI? :confused:

Never mind he is so far off AFL standard it isn't funny.

Keeffe and Frost will be 1st port of call then Reid if s**t hits the fan.

If more get injured they will have Maxwell and Goldsack do roles before Gault is even thought about.

What's he injured with?

I think Seedsfan mentioned it but I cant remember, possibly foot. Regardless he has spent the whole preseason on the sidelines and seeing him on saturday doesn't look like he is close to playing again. Even if he does come back he has had no preseason and he is a huge spud...

Cometh the hour, cometh the man. We have been decimated with injuries in the backline before and Keefe stood up and led with distinction. Lets not slit our wrists just yet.
I'm a bit of a believer in this. It may be the thing he needs to focus and get his mojo back.

Reported on Channel 7 that they haven't determined the severity of the injury yet. Brown's hopeful that it'll be a 1-4 week injury. Perhaps wait for the report from the club?

Yes because the club is so good at informing us about injuries :drunk:

Whatever happened to Martin Gault Blair Dywer Thomas this preseason... oh wait they didn't tell us :drunk:

And if they say 2-3 that's club speak for 1-16

Brown's absence is really going to hurt our balance, not to mention his logical replacement Keefe is out of form and seems down on confidence.

Frost had a very good game on Buddy and I think he matches up much better on those more athletic, running tall forwards. Would be worried if he had to match up against the monster forwards though and was getting into wrestling contests and tests of strength rather than get a run at the incoming kicks.

Our KPD stocks were already very thin and when Reid gets back we may need to play him back there a lot more than the coaches originally intended.

Last edited:
Reported on Channel 7 that they haven't determined the severity of the injury yet. Brown's hopeful that it'll be a 1-4 week injury. Perhaps wait for the report from the club?

Better then the Know All Jurno's

Remove this Banner Ad

Back