Brown trade...

stalker

Rookie
Sep 29, 2003
Other Teams
Bulldogs
I've heard some crap on this board about the Brown trade, and I have decided to put in my two cents...

Brown should be traded for a good kpp that is in his mid twenties with some sweeteners thrown in. If he is traded for anything less I will not buy a membership next year and would strongly advise everyone else to do the same.

Carlton want him but what can they give us, not much, perhaps Whitnall...

Richmond, not much again, Holland played well in the Tigers' prelim. final year but hasn't done much since...

Hawthorn, straight swap for Rawlings, it's time for the board to show some guts and put up some cash...

Collingwood, where he'll probably end up, pure and simple ROCCA...

Since no player really wants to come to the Bulldogs it is going to be tough doing a deal. I predict that we will probably be shafted and will get some draft picks. I would have liked to have seen Richo at the Bulldogs with pick 6 but I doubt that will happen

stalker

Rookie
Sep 29, 2003
Other Teams
Bulldogs
fair deal...

Why are you so quick to let go of Whitnall, I always thought he was a gun. His fitness lets him down and is the only suspect thing. I would love to see him at the dogs next year...

The Clokes

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2003
AFL Club
Collingwood
Brown wont be at Collingwood....

Brown will go Richmond for Ben Holland and a Joel Bowden

Nick Stevens will be at Collingwood....how i dont know yet.

McGough27

Team Captain
Oct 28, 2002
Melbourne
Other Teams
Collingwood
Is that rule in place where you can't be traded in the same year as you sign a new contract ? .

If so , Bowden aint going nowhere .

Originally posted by stalker
I've heard some crap on this board about the Brown trade, and I have decided to put in my two cents...

Brown should be traded for a good kpp that is in his mid twenties with some sweeteners thrown in. If he is traded for anything less I will not buy a membership next year and would strongly advise everyone else to do the same.

Carlton want him but what can they give us, not much, perhaps Whitnall...

Richmond, not much again, Holland played well in the Tigers' prelim. final year but hasn't done much since...

Hawthorn, straight swap for Rawlings, it's time for the board to show some guts and put up some cash...

Collingwood, where he'll probably end up, pure and simple ROCCA...

Since no player really wants to come to the Bulldogs it is going to be tough doing a deal. I predict that we will probably be shafted and will get some draft picks. I would have liked to have seen Richo at the Bulldogs with pick 6 but I doubt that will happen

ok just a few words....

BROWN = O V E R R A T E D !!!!!!

the cats will give you street and u should be thankfull

Ramma

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2003
Boogie Wonderland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I said Hawthorn.....
Re: Re: Brown trade...

Originally posted by rizzo
ok just a few words....

BROWN = O V E R R A T E D !!!!!!

the cats will give you street and u should be thankfull

Moorabool street? Malop street? McKillop street?
You surely couldn't mean Peter street???

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Originally posted by The Clokes
Brown wont be at Collingwood....

Brown will go Richmond for Ben Holland and a Joel Bowden

Nick Stevens will be at Collingwood....how i dont know yet.

gee, will we have to throw in some draft picks to the tigers as well?

My prediction is Brown to the pies, but the only way this will happen is if the pies offload some of their surplus midfielders to a third party for a low first rounder.

If the pies offer their late first rounder plus a few hacks, I hope the dogs bite the bullet and do the best for their long-term bargaining position by letting brown through to the pre-season for the blues. Better than being raped.

Originally posted by stefoid
[B
If the pies offer their late first rounder plus a few hacks, I hope the dogs bite the bullet and do the best for their long-term bargaining position by letting brown through to the pre-season for the blues. Better than being raped. [/B]

How would letting Brown go to Carlton for nothing improve your long term bargaining position?? If I'm right and Carlton get him in the pre-season draft, the Bulldogs receive no compensation for him whatsoever. Similar to Nick Davis last year. Collingwood in the end had to accept Sydneys offer or lose him for nothing in return.

bulldogs1

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2001
Shoppers Crossing
Other Teams
Dogs
Pedro, K9-54 put it better than I, on the Bulldogs board, but here goes:

It sends a message to other clubs: bargain fairly, or forget it.

It sends a message to players at our club and their managers: you will go into the draft, where you don't want to be if you try and bend us over a barrel.

There seem to be a few of us Doggies supporters happy with that stance.

pavezj

Senior List
Jul 3, 2003
New Zealand
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The difference was Nick Davis wanted to go to Sydney and there was only one club in the state so Sydney held the upper hand, here there are up to four or five clubs vying for Brown's signature therefore they must try and make us want their trade the most, there fore giving quality otherwise we can just turn to another club

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Collingwood bent over and took what was offered for Davis.

They could have let him go into the preseason draft, which would have seen Davis nominate a certain salary he would accept.

BUT, had one of the clubs in the preseason draft been prepared to meet that salary (can you say carlton), he would have been forced to go to carlton, or drop out of footy for a year.

The overwhelming majority of doggies supporters think if the woods offer us a bum deal for brown, then stuff it, he can end up at carlton. The next time someone comes to the table over an uncontracted player, they would take us more seriously.

Back