Browne..

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 10, 2000
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have heard allot about this kid,but I dont know really anything about him.
So I would appreiciate some back ground information on him and why he should make an appearance in the freo colours.
Also with medhurst coming back and the likely inclusion of Browne who are we going to leave out.

All i know is that freo were stoked to pick him up as they rated him twelfth overall in the 2001 draft and got him at no.52 he always features in the best players for claremont and has had a couple of Best on Ground's i think he's only 17. I've only seen him play once and that was against port in the pre-season where he played in the midfield.

Well medhurst will come in for T.Lo who did a hammy and maybe Browne can come in for an older player like norrish or something.
CC will work it out.

I've seen him at training quite a lot (although its hard to judge but I'll give it a go).

Looks very fast and skillful. Two trait that Freo could always use more of.

My only concern is his hieght (AFL stats guide says that he is only 174 cm tall). Thats not a problem in itself just that we have a lot of midfielder around that height (same height as Bellie and the Wiz and Cookie is 178cm).

But doesn't look out of place training with Bellie etc and I'd love to see him in the team this week.

If you look through the results of last years Under-18 carnival, you'll see that both Andrew Browne and Quinten Lynch (WCE rookie) were named in WA's best players for just about every match.

And now they're both starring for their respective WAFL sides.

Seems weird that Browne lasted until pick #52, and Lynch was totally overlooked and taken in the rookie draft.

Maybe the recruiting managers know something we don't.

Originally posted by sabre_ac
And there is his weakness....
174 centimeters

Probally still too imature to play at this level.

Shane Crawford, Tony Liberatore, Brent Harvey, Phil Matera, David Wirrpunda and Richard Taylor are all shorter than him (exept for Crawford who is the same size) and they are all skillful players who can get a game each week. Plus, Bell is also only 1 cm taller...
At 17 years old he is most likely still growing.

He has been named as an emergency several times this season and he travelled with the team to Adelaide last week which must mean he is very close to selection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back