News Brownlow 2020 - Congrats Lachie Neale, Brownlow Medalist 2020!

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Caro was questioning tonight why Lachie had to present the medal to himself while the likes of Fagan and Black were in the same room, calling it a monumental stuff up, tend to agree.
Yep the paranoia around this is amazing to behold, hasn't Fagan been in the bubble:think::rolleyes:, no doubt it is all for the "look of it" politicians and bureaucrats really must think the general public are stupid.

A young healthy adult has nigh on zero chance of being even moderately affected by the virus, not to mention 3 positive results over the last approximately 80,000 tests in QLD + the crowds at the AFL and NRL finals being jammed in together with 0 cases detected from that as yet. I think Lachie would have been fine if Fages got within 1.5 meters of him or even Blacky, maybe even the minefield of a congratulatory hug could have been managed, come on live dangerously.

End rant//

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
You only had to see their seating arrangements and how close they all were to know the whole 1.5m is a farce..

Fagan would've been a perfect choice to give Lachie the medal.

Other than that, I think the telecast was good under the circumstances....not much else they could've done.

Caro was questioning tonight why Lachie had to present the medal to himself while the likes of Fagan and Black were in the same room, calling it a monumental stuff up, tend to agree.

With Lachie getting the most ever votes for a Brisbane player, they decided to get the player who had the second most votes for a Brisbane player to give it to him.

Unfortunately that turned out to be Lachie last year, so it got awkward.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
With Lachie getting the most ever votes for a Brisbane player, they decided to get the player who had the second most votes for a Brisbane player to give it to him.

Unfortunately that turned out to be Lachie last year, so it got awkward.

Lachie averages 1.5 brownlow votes per H&A game while playing for us.

It's not quite the Judd trade or Ablett but to pick up an elite midfielder just before he peaks like we have is almost unheard of
Would be good to snap up another one though, because he needs more help that is for sure.
Someone with size and pace.
It’s a shame that Ely doesn’t seem to have pushed on.
He may have played really well this year though, who knows?

Sep 14, 2012
Broadbeach
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yep the paranoia around this is amazing to behold, hasn't Fagan been in the bubble:think::rolleyes:, no doubt it is all for the "look of it" politicians and bureaucrats really must think the general public are stupid.

A young healthy adult has nigh on zero chance of being even moderately affected by the virus, not to mention 3 positive results over the last approximately 80,000 tests in QLD + the crowds at the AFL and NRL finals being jammed in together with 0 cases detected from that as yet. I think Lachie would have been fine if Fages got within 1.5 meters of him or even Blacky, maybe even the minefield of a congratulatory hug could have been managed, come on live dangerously.

End rant//
While I agree it was a stupid look and uncalled for and Fagan or black should have handed it over.... I strongly disagree with your thoughts dismissing covid19. Doesn't matter how old or fit you are... if you have the virus you have it. You become a vessel for spreading it to those who can be affected heavily from it.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
While I agree it was a stupid look and uncalled for and Fagan or black should have handed it over.... I strongly disagree with your thoughts dismissing covid19. Doesn't matter how old or fit you are... if you have the virus you have it. You become a vessel for spreading it to those who can be affected heavily from it.
Not dismissing it in general, it's more a comment/reply on the Brownlow farce.

Other than that I'll leave my thoughts on Covid to the numerous dedicated threads all over Big Footy.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Would be good to snap up another one though, because he needs more help that is for sure.
Someone with size and pace.
It’s a shame that Ely doesn’t seem to have pushed on.
He may have played really well this year though, who knows?

What's Robertson like for size and pace? Times gone by both Ely and Dev would have probably played full seasons or almost by now.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What's Robertson like for size and pace? Times gone by both Ely and Dev would have probably played full seasons or almost by now.

Hopefully we get used to this and draftees only come in if they have an exceptional start or offer something different. Those years of throwing them out there to get beaten up were horrible. So on that basis, its not a disaster that Dev only played the one game. I'm a little more worried about Ely but that is based on no information whatsoever so who knows.

Dev has put on a lot of size since being drafted and I believe he tested ok for pace. Not blistering pace though.

Back