Brownlow 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there anywhere reporting the round by round votes for every game?

Not the AFL web site by the look of it.

If you don't want video coverage inflicted on you it seems you are excluded from knowing what's going on. Even the AFL blog only gives the top few on the leaderboard after each round.

EDIT: Just found that Fox Sports have a round by round coverage. I'm conflicted. Remind me who owns Fox again?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

RE-EDIT: Just found that the Roar has it. :)

Brownlow Medal vs Ching votes

Rd 1 v Coll - no Brownlow votes
Rd 2 v St K - Dunkley 1 (Ching: Dunkley 4 / Smith got the 5)
Rd 3 v GWS - Macrae 3, Daniel 1 (Ching: Macrae 1, Daniel 2 / Libba, Smith & Keath got the 5-4-3)
Rd 4 v Syd - Bont 3, English 1 (Ching: Bont 5, English 4)
Rd 5 v Norf - Bruce 3, Libba 2, Wood 1 (Ching: Bruce 5, Libba 2, Wood 4 / Daniel got the 3 )
Rd 6 v Carl - B.Smith 1 (Ching: Smith 4 / English got the 5)
Rd 7 v Ess - English 3, Macrae 2, Hunter 1 (Ching: English 5, Macrae 4, Hunter 0 / Libba, Bont & Wallis got the 3-2-1)
Rd 8 v GCS - Macrae 3, Smith 2 (Ching: Macrae 4, Smith 0 / Crozier got the 5 and Daniel, Libba and Keath got the 3-2-1)
Rd 9 v Rich - Macrae 2 (Ching: Macrae 5)

Macrae eq 4th in the Brownlow after 9 rounds but only likely to get votes in 1 more game (v Brisbane Rd 11)

Rd 10 v Port - no votes
Rd 11 v Bris - Macrae 2 (Ching: Macrae 5)
Rd 12 v Adel - Naughton 3, Bont 2, Williams 1 (Ching: Bont 5, Naughton 4, Williams 0 / Smith, Hunter, Libba got the 3-2-1)
Rd 13 v Melb - B Smith 3, Wallis 2, Macrae 1 (Ching: Smith 0, Wallis 4, Macrae 1 / Bont got the 5, Libba and Williams got the 3-2)
Rd 14 v Geel - Hunter 2 (Ching: Hunter 5)
Rd 15 BYE
Rd 16 v WCE - Dunkley 3, Macrae 2, Bont 1 (Ching: Dunkley 4, Macrae 0, Bont 1 / Libba got the 5, McLean and Daniel got the 3-2)
Rd 17 v Haw - Bont 3, Daniel 2, Smith 1 (Ching: Bont 4, Daniel 5, Smith 0.5 / Libba, Macrae and JJ got the 3-2-0.5)
Rd 18 v Freo - Hunter 3, Bont 1 (Ching: Hunter 4, Bont 2 / Libba, English & Dunkley got the 5, 3 & 1)

Conclusions:
1. Libba is invisible to the umps (2 Brownlow votes overall but won the Ching and came 3rd in the CSM)
2. Daniel is almost as invisible.
3. Macrae catches the umpires eye ... every year.

WB votegetters:

15 - Macrae
10 - Bont
7 - B Smith
6 - Hunter
4- English, Dunkley
3 - Daniel, Naughton, Bruce
2 - Wallis, Libba
1 - Williams, Wood

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oliver G

Premium Platinum
May 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
WB votes to R11...

Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 8.42.09 pm.png

I had not realised that Jeff Dunne of St Kilda had died. Great back pocket player. Gritty with a capital G.

There were quite a few in there I didn't know about. We saw way too many of them actually playing 😢

There were quite a few in there I didn't know about. We saw way too many of them actually playing 😢
Bil Stephen was another one. Only really remembered him as Fitzroy coach in his third stint at the club when I really got into the footy. Forgot about the two years at Essendon, but 1976 was the first year I had seen the footy.

Oliver G

Premium Platinum
May 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That is Macrae sitting with Daicos isn’t it? Looks like he’d rather be anywhere else 😂

Yep don't think these kind of events are his first choice, I am sure he'd much rather be home playing FIFA. The reason he's with Daicos is I think he is one of the few Bulldogs currently in Melbourne.

Bont's getting nothing. Thought he deserved 6 votes in the Adelaide and Melbourne games, think he got 19 coaches votes and two Brownlow votes

Round 12 he was the best player on the ground by miles, even if Naughton kicked 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back