Brownlow Brownlow 2021 Count

Get ready for

C……………………Salem 1 vote
C……………………Oliver 2 votes
C……………………Spargo 3 votes

Predictions? Can Clarry or Trac avoid stealing enough votes to win?

Would not be surprised in the slightest if Petracca polls more Clarry, despite the latter having a far superior season. Oliver never polls as well as he should (isn't a media darling) - expect Bont to bring it home off the back of some unexpected 1-2 vote games, as it was decided he was the winner around halfway through the year.

Wines the next best chance - hardly anyone to compete with for votes.

Clarry: This is my year Marge, everyone knows im what makes this team great

Marge: I dont know, there is a lot of buzz around Petty

Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 9.59.07 am.png

May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Brownlow use to be enjoyable to watch but now it's filled with so much sh*t and drags on and on and on. I'll still watch it though knowing we have players in with a big chance.
I'll read a book while watching it. Only paying attention for Melbourne games & maybe near the end when it gets close. Screw all the other bullshit they like to cram into it.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'll read a book while watching it. Only paying attention for Melbourne games & maybe near the end when it gets close. Screw all the other bullshit they like to cram into it.
I don't have a problem with them acknowledging the retired players and the hall of famers at some point, do a quick montage whatever but do we need the long winded speeches. So many ad breaks my old man use to say that the program 60 minutes was 45 minutes of ads and 15 minutes of bullshit. The Brownlow is like that to so many ads, I'm surprised they don't have ad breaks midway through rounds. It reminds me of the orange eating class out of the simpsons, just count the damn votes!

As much as I’d love to see a Clarry acceptance speech - I hope Bontempelli or another Dogs player wins because there’s a chance, albeit slight, that the hype around winning it becomes a bit of a distraction heading into the GF.
Wasn't a distraction for Dusty. Don't think any of that stuff affects the playing group. Not this year anyway.

netslave

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I want a clean sweep, Brownlow, Flag and Norm Smith for Clarry, may as well stick it up everyone properly. :D

So I found 7 Brownlow Round-by-Round Predictions and this is what the average came out to be.
1632037259583.png

I then put the Predictors through the 426 results, and the outcomes are a bit interesting.
1632037461783.png

BTW, don't worry about why some have a 0. One Predictor I found online gave out Honourable Mentions so I kept it in.

Im having one small bet tonight: Dogs most team votes @ $6.50

Dogs and Melb the only teams to be top all year, dogs even with their s**t finish to the year had a higher % than we did, one team is $1.28 the other $6.50.

Even with 2 less wins you make a case to expect the Dogs to get more games of 3,2,1 all WB players than we do.

Im having one small bet tonight: Dogs most team votes @ $6.50

Dogs and Melb the only teams to be top all year, dogs even with their sh*t finish to the year had a higher % than we did, one team is $1.28 the other $6.50.

Even with 2 less wins you make a case to expect the Dogs to get more games of 3,2,1 all WB players than we do.

Thats a good punt. Dogs had so many games (especially early) where they smashed the oppo. They're certainly getting 6 votes in all of those. I feel like we'll lose a couple of votes in our wins to some outstanding performances. Greene in round 3, Zak Bailey vs Brisbane, Merret or Parish against Essendon.

Then again I don't bet so wtf do I know.

Thats a good punt. Dogs had so many games (especially early) where they smashed the oppo. They're certainly getting 6 votes in all of those. I feel like we'll lose a couple of votes in our wins to some outstanding performances. Greene in round 3, Zak Bailey vs Brisbane, Merret or Parish against Essendon.

Then again I don't bet so wtf do I know.

Yea, its a $25 bet just more out of interest sake to keep me awake tonight more than anything. I haven't tracked players or anything, just know like you said, they smashed some teams and we didn't. Opposition players a chance to get votes in most of our wins barring Gold Coast and perhaps Adelaide at the G.

Yea, its a $25 bet just more out of interest sake to keep me awake tonight more than anything. I haven't tracked players or anything, just know like you said, they smashed some teams and we didn't. Opposition players a chance to get votes in most of our wins barring Gold Coast and perhaps Adelaide at the G.

Rule of thumb is usually if you win by 20+ you get the 6 unless there is an amazing performance going the other way.

Opposition players a chance to get votes in most of our wins barring Gold Coast and perhaps Adelaide at the G.

We should get all the votes vs Port and Richmond actually also.

Forgot this was on.

3 votes - C Judd!

That guy could get vote still tonight. Some of the games he got 3 votes for was astonishing. How he won the second Brownlow I'll never know.

Back