Brownlow Brownlow 2021 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

E_pf_zCVQAQn86X

I want everyone to know that the other day when I said Sam Walsh should get an 18 year contract, I was 100% being serious.

If you remove all the midfielders/rucks then Taylor Walker highest vote getter with 9.

Well done Sam Walsh your a star.

Gary Ablett Jnr has the most Brownlow medal votes of all time with 262. After 6 seasons and 125 games he had 34 votes which you compare to Sam Walsh who after 3 seasons and 61 games has 44 Brownlow votes.

Last edited:
Fantastic effort by Sam Walsh, what a superstar.

Did anyone else notice Gil hesitate in his call when he called Isaac Cumming for 2 votes?
I know childish mind, but it was the only funny bit of the whole telecast.

Don't think I've seen a Brownlow where so many players got 3 votes from losing teams who were well beaten. It was a tad farcical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think I've seen a Brownlow where so many players got 3 votes from losing teams who were well beaten. It was a tad farcical.

To me it suggests the umpires might've done alright and weren't overly bamboozled. We got rinsed by the Cats (more on the scoreboard than anything, which is obviously pretty important!) but the Cats shared the load pretty evenly so I reckon Walsh getting votes there made sense.

One of the more exciting Brownlow counts in the last few years.
And was it just me or was there a bit less "3 votes: Melbourne, C.........................zzz..........................................Oliver." then in previous years?

Well done Sam Walsh your a star.

Gary Ablett Jnr has the most Brownlow medal votes of all time with 262. After 6 seasons and 125 games he had 34 votes which you compare to Sam Walsh who after 3 seasons and 61 games has 44 Brownlow votes.
Gablett was a very slow starter. He had a long sustained peak from 2007-2012, and then was still good after that for a long time. However, he was very inconsistent his first few seasons.

It's unlikely Walsh will have as high a peak as Gary Ablett Jr, but there are also plenty of players who have had better starts than GAJ.

Fantastic effort by Sam Walsh, what a superstar.

Did anyone else notice Gil hesitate in his call when he called Isaac Cumming for 2 votes?
I know childish mind, but it was the only funny bit of the whole telecast.

I did notice early in the count Gil pronounce Sam Docherty’s name as Doherty.

:rolleyes:

fuddy, exactly what part of "different opinion to your own" don't you get?

It's not that so much, just some of the criticisms I have read like Bont being Arrogant/got tickets on himself that i disagree with.

I just never got that impression off Bont really.

But each to their own.

Really did enjoy last night's Brownlow count overall though, most memorable one since Juddy won it with us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back