Brownlow 2021 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's an interesting stat.

Ollie Wines, by winning, has broken the record. For the Brownlow Medalist with the squarest head.
Where's Ollie?

wheres-ollie-jpg.1240388

Sounds like he got this job on short notice but Basil is trying to do too much. No one can do everything he does and do it well. He wouldn't have time to watch any game he wasn't calling.

If there was ever a powa player of late who I believe deserved the award it would have been Boak. Certainly not Wines
He won some award for the charity work he does .
Must say some of the pear players are likeable , like boak .

it’s some of the supporters and cheerleaders like Rooch and KCornes who make me despise them!

Wanganeen wins Brownlow with 18 votes. Umpires don't look at stats post-game.
Highest scoring season ever.
3 players with 100+ goals.
10 players with 70+.

Brownlow votes inflated to about 7 midfielders - Bont and Walsh polling 3 vote games for nothing.
Umpires look at stats post-game.
One of the lowest scoring seasons ever.
Crap spectacle, constant rule changes.
No one gets near 70 goals let alone 100.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wanganeen wins Brownlow with 18 votes. Umpires don't look at stats post-game.
Highest scoring season ever.
3 players with 100+ goals.
10 players with 70+.

Brownlow votes inflated to about 7 midfielders. Umpires look at stats post-game.
One of the lowest scoring seasons ever.
Crap spectacle, constant rule changes.
No one gets near 70 goals let alone 100.
Yup, certainly not the award it once was, will never again be winners like Stynes, Dipper et al ever again

I thought Oliver had the best year out of all the contenders, but Petracca and to a lesser degree Gawn were always going to take votes off him. Wines only had Boak taking votes. Bont has been the best player in the comp over the last 2-3 years, but again has a lot of other elite mids that take votes off him.

The great thing about Wines winning is knowing how big this fortnight was supposed to be for Port.

Win the prelim, week later the Brownlow, week after that the premiership. Would have been huge. Would have been worth millions.

This? Softens the blow of the prelim loss a little and takes some of the heat off Ken this week.

The great thing about Wines winning is knowing how big this fortnight was supposed to be for Port.

Win the prelim, week later the Brownlow, week after that the premiership. Would have been huge. Would have been worth millions.

This? Softens the blow of the prelim loss a little and takes some of the heat off Ken this week.

They should extend Hinkley. Five years.

I'm surprised by how poorly Laird polled considering his season
I think he polled as expected, which is pretty well considering we were 4th bottom and he is not a game breaking mid.

Keays did well too for a placeholding spud who apparently shouldn't be in the midfield in a few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back