Brownlow 2021 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Macrae and Libba should’ve polled more votes

Touk Miller to an extent as well. Yeah, GCS only won 7 games but Miller stood out in a lot of those losses. I had him 5th overall.

Wanganeen wins Brownlow with 18 votes. Umpires don't look at stats post-game.
Highest scoring season ever.
3 players with 100+ goals.
10 players with 70+.

Brownlow votes inflated to about 7 midfielders - Bont and Walsh polling 3 vote games for nothing.
Umpires look at stats post-game.
One of the lowest scoring seasons ever.
Crap spectacle, constant rule changes.
No one gets near 70 goals let alone 100.
Im not sure what this has to do with anything, they still have to give the 3 votes.
So you could have the shittest season in history and someone can still poll high.
You just have to be better than the others on the day.

Last edited:
Surely Bont should have won the medal. Wines only polled well as the Pear midfield is so crap. The best mids are playing this week so I'm sure that's what they care about.

Last edited:
Wines deserves it, has had a good year. The vote inflation is real though - reading the tea leaves the umpires have already tagged Walsh for a brownlow at some stage in his career. Surprised they couldn't find more votes for Bont given the doggies are their darlings

Surely Bont should have won the medal. Wines only polled well as the Pear midfield is so crap. The best mids are playing this week so I'm sure that's what they care about.
Bont's last month was poor along with the rest of his team. Wines was consistent throughout the whole year which is what got him over the line.

Bont's last month was poor along with the rest of his team. Wines was consistent throughout the whole year which is what got him over the line.
He dropped off a bit but his best is better than anyone in the comp. Wines can't kick straight.

Bit salty over something that doesn't really matter...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully this will be a distraction and a catalyst for releasing the pressure valve from Kern

Watch the media spend the week salivating over Port’s (sorry, Wines’) success.

Just waiting for the live cross to Alberton tomorrow night where the locals will be lapping it up.

Kenny and Koch need the positivity to last until after the GF where they will be able to slip into summer knowing most of the members have been brainwashed again.

Has anyone asked the umpires if they actually want to do the votes?

Almost seems like they're just phoning it in to make a point.

On cue, Port fans already crapping on about how Wines' Brownlow over Roo's in 2003 because he only won a third of a Brownlow and not outright. I don't mind Ollie, he seems like a good lad, but this is precisely why I didn't want him to win it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back