CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
I couldn't see a thread for the Brownlow yet... it's been lost in all of the GF shuffle...

Can Lachie take it out tonight?

He's the predicted winner according to AFL.com.au's count.

F61lV5kaUAIl1Bs

The stark contradiction between the AFL.com.au Brownlow predictor and the actual betting odds for Lachie is intriguing.

My gut feel is that the betting odds seem more representative of how I saw his season but I think I will chuck bets on anyway for win and top 3.

The stark contradiction between the AFL.com.au Brownlow predictor and the actual betting odds for Lachie is intriguing.

My gut feel is that the betting odds seem more representative of how I saw his season but I think I will chuck bets on anyway for win and top 3.
I think Dunkley will take more votes off Lachie than that predictor has predicted.

With all the hype Daicos generated he should lead by a street for the majority of the count.
I think someone will pip him in the end, not sure he has enough of a rep in the umpiring fraternity to overcome playing off the backline for stints plus the missed time, but no idea who.

That being said, if Lachie is within 5-6 votes of Daicos with a round or two go I’d be pretty confident. I reckon Lachie could get 7-9 votes in the final 3 games.

I can't see Lachie winning it ... obviously would love it if he does though

... I think young Will will get a few votes early on as he was playing so well before his injury..Jasper might get one or two as well.

I don't care who wins as long as its not Daicos or Bontempelli

That being said, if Lachie is within 5-6 votes of Daicos with a round or two go I’d be pretty confident. I reckon Lachie could get 7-9 votes in the final 3 games.

The thought is that Lachie will still get a lot of 3 vote games but won't poll in as many polling games. Could be enough but unlikely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He definitely didn’t have as good a year as previous years (Brownlow & last year), where he polled well. Having said that he does play in a team who won a lot of games and is a proven vote getter.

I’d be shocked if he won, but a podium isn’t outside the realms of possibility.

They’ve always seemed to add a few votes in based on coming close the year prior so I’m hoping Lachie gets a few for being robbed by the VFL last year. Wishful…

I just don't see how Daicos doesn't win it, the afl media has been crowing about it since the middle of the year, so surely the umps have started to look for him on the field at least by then.

He also averages 31 touches a game, so looking at raw stats he probably still gets votes as 1s and 2s when they need to fill the sheets out.

I have no idea who's going to win it, but out of the top 25 disposal average players in the comp, there are a lot of seagulls and not alot of genuine game changers in there like a prime Dusty or Ablett or even Danger.

If I had to pick I'd probably go Butters, he's at least a mid capable of some pin point passes, even if he does hate water girls for some reason.

Wow, Aker's eldest daughter has all grown up. Just saw them briefly arriving on the red carpet.

He said on that podcast I mentioned the other day, that he was taking his daughter now that she was old enough to get in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back