Brownlow 2023 - CONGRATS TWO TIME WINNER LACHIE NEALE

Remove this Banner Ad

if lachie wins a norm smith there is an all time troll thread to be made on the main board
I'd rather Cam to be honest for a similar reason. ;)

Absolutely disgrace. Tried to back track with that weird comment about his dog? Thought he saved himself but then followed up with a direct question. Absolute flog moment.

The question about the dog was a threat from Rompingwins. He ran over Trent Cotchins dog.

Thought it was well known Neale and Fyfe didn’t get along?
nah, think fyfe was one of 5 (i think) freo players to attend his wedding. his problem was with other freo players. same players are also ones who started the fyfe wasn't a good leader rumour stuff.

i think one of them tried getting into a fight with lachie in training and that how lachie ended up at lions. bell came in and got rid of all of them in 1-2 years. but damage was done.

Still think Lewis Taylor was robbed tonight.

So happy for Lachie although it pisses me off more that he was robbed last year. He should be a 3 time consecutive Brownlow Medalist.

Anyway, what a joke are the AA selectors.

Must admit, surprised at how few votes Dunks got.

I love all the comments about how Neale not making the AA team is a compelling reason that it was the wrong pick.

Apparently a random collection of media talking heads beats out people actually out on the field. 😂
It is why the "umpires don't know what they're doing" folks seem so foolish. We already have a number of "Best Player" awards and they're all flawed in some manner (e.g. Coaches reward "role playing", players watch very little footy for the AFLPA awards, media awards fall victim to narratives, some B&F's are just "played every week awards", etc).

You can dismiss or credit the various awards but there isn't a "perfect system"

Onya Fish!

That’s just it. You can’t have many down games and win a BnF, but you absolutely can be inconsistent and win a Brownlow. Not that he was inconsistent by everyone but his own standards. 4th best player on the field gets the same votes as 40th.
Not sure what all the meltdowns are over. He was one of the favourites going in. Polled in one game maybe he shouldn’t have but it likely evened up anyway. He plays the role that gets you umpires votes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if lachie wins a norm smith there is an all time troll thread to be made on the main board
It's amusing but not surprising that people who probably watch one game a week and from the quality of their comments aren't too astute think they know who should be the Brownlow winner.

Lachie was robbed last year and a bit fortunate this year ,particularly with Daicos going down, so he's all square.

The defining moment of Lachie's value was when the talking heads were trying to make a story in Lachie being down and out for the year at 3/4 time last Saturday and he came out in the fourth and went bang, bang, bang, bang, game over.

He's always been fantastic when we're under the pump. Something not fully appreciated.

I love all the comments about how Neale not making the AA team is a compelling reason that it was the wrong pick.

Apparently a random collection of media talking heads beats out people actually out on the field. 😂

There was people saying that about Ally after she won the AFLW B&F last season. How can she win it when she didn’t make the All Australian team.

nah, think fyfe was one of 5 (i think) freo players to attend his wedding. his problem was with other freo players. same players are also ones who started the fyfe wasn't a good leader rumour stuff.

i think one of them tried getting into a fight with lachie in training and that how lachie ended up at lions. bell came in and got rid of all of them in 1-2 years. but damage was done.
The Fyfe Neale thing was a beat up. I have heard that any friction between the two was because Lyons used to pit them against each other. WA media hates Freo and Fyfe.

It's amusing but not surprising that people who probably watch one game a week and from the quality of their comments aren't too astute think they know who should be the Brownlow winner.

Lachie was robbed last year and a bit fortunate this year ,particularly with Daicos going down, so he's all square.

The defining moment of Lachie's value was when the talking heads were trying to make a story in Lachie being down and out for the year at 3/4 time last Saturday and he came out in the fourth and went bang, bang, bang, bang, game over.

He's always been fantastic when we're under the pump. Something not fully appreciated.
i think people are in a bit of a tizz because bontempelli didnt win

imo bontempelli gets far more appreciation from pedestrian afl supporters than neale does. bontempelli does a lot of flashy stuff like kicking big goals whereas neale is more understated in how good his in and under work is around clearances. i think he is still the best clearance player in the competition. for the casual afl fan, it is much easier to notice what bontempelli does than what neale does.

bontempelli probably had a better season overall, but i think neale had a tremendous season even if he had a down patch for 3-4 weeks.

it is rather funny that bulldogs supporters in particular think bontempelli and neale are galaxies apart in terms of quality of player when they would be the first to tell you how underrated liberatore is.

Language warning - Mitch doing the celebrating because the players can't.

Must admit, I’m finding Mitch a bit cringe these days.

Really enjoyed his content whilst a player but since he’s unrestricted, he’s a bit too loose for me these days but I appreciate how and why a lot of people follow him; I don’t dislike him in anyway, more his content and carry on are not my cup of tea.

bontempelli probably had a better season overall, but i think neale had a tremendous season even if he had a down patch for 3-4 weeks.
Neale was down compared to his own standards. Bont was very good but I didn't have him streets ahead of the pack by any means. His team missed finals after all, and it's very hard to win a Brownlow from there.

Neale was down compared to his own standards. Bont was very good but I didn't have him streets ahead of the pack by any means. His team missed finals after all, and it's very hard to win a Brownlow from there.

That is my feeling as well. When Daicos did his knee, I thought Bont was probably in the driver's seat. But Neale had a few really strong rounds to finish up. The dogs had way too many putrid efforts this season which hurt his tally.

How so Lachie congrats on winning the Brownlow mate but obviously you’d think Bont was robbed and you really didn’t deserve it as Daicos only lost it because he didn’t play the last round. Oh and you didn’t make the AA team either but congrats and feel free to hand the medal back when you feel like it.

But also, let’s go back to you wanting to go to Freo, surely you’d be happier there not winning undeserved Brownlows or making finals. And commiserations on losing to Carlton, but the GF is better for it.

Anyway, we’ve got 25 mins so tell us about your dog or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back